One of the leading triggers of acidity is the food we eat. Sometimes consuming plain rice may also lead to acidity. But this does not mean you have to live without eating rice. In this recipe, plain rice is replaced with fibre rich brown rice so that it will not cause acidity. In addition, the green peas and fenugreek(methi) leaves are alkaline in nature and help relieve acidity.
Ingredients to prepare Green peas and methi pulao
- green peas(boiled) : half cup
- fenugreek or methi leaves(chopped) : 2 cups
- oil : 2 tsp
- brown rice(soaked and cooked): 2 cups
- onions(thinly sliced) : half cup
- ginger-green chilli paste : 1 & half teaspoon
- Salt as per required
Method Green peas and methi pulao:
- Heat oil on a non-stick pan, add onions and saute on the medium flame for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-green chilli paste and saute on the medium flame for 30 seconds
- Add green peas and saute on medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Now add fenugreek leaves, 2tbsp water and saute on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add brown rice and salt and mix gently and cook on the medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, as stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Eat this Green peas and methi pulao and get relief from acidity!!!