You may have great hair and great looks, but you would not stand a chance with the close friends if you carry dandruff on the hair. It is hard to conceal the fact that you have dandruff and it can be quite awkward. Sometimes you would not even understand the fact that others are observing your hair and the traces of dandruff that makes you scrape your scalp every now and then.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of dandruff is to use a good quality shampoo that has the power to cleanse off dandruff and make the skin on your scalp healthy and intact. Most of the anti-dandruff shampoos contain elements like Zinc pyrithione, Ketoconazole, Selenium sulphide, Tea-tree oil, Coal tar, Salicylic acid and so on. For better effects, you should apply your shampoo and leave it for 5 minutes before washing it off.
If you do not prefer shampoos, there are sure natural remedies for dandruff that can work wonders. Mentioned below are some of the best home remedies that can help you in removing dandruff naturally.
Natural Remedies For Dandruff
Pepper And Yogurt:
- Yogurt or curd is a soothing agent that can make the skin on your scalp become smooth and less scaly.
- Pepper acts as an anti-fungal agent that inhibits the growth of dandruff-causing microbes.
- For making this remedy you need to mix 2 teaspoons of pepper powder and a cup of curd. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for an hour.
- Once you wash it off, you can rinse your hair with your usual shampoo.
- Olive oil is an excellent remedy that can cure all sorts of dandruff problem.
- Olive oil acts as a moisturiser that makes the skin on your scalp really moist. This reduces the formation of dandruff.
- Before applying olive oil, you should heat it gently. Warm olive oil gives more effect.
- Apply the oil on your scalp and gently massage it. Leave it overnight. This would allow the skin to absorb the oil. In the morning wash your scalp with a gentle shampoo.
- Olive oil is a strong medicine and it would bring results even if you leave it for just 15 minutes before rinsing.
Oil And Lemon Juice:
- Lemon juice and oil is a great combination that can help you in getting rid of dandruff.
- Although lemon juice has certain bleaching properties, it doesn’t cause any discoloration of your hair. Lemon works as an anti-fungal agent that fights the microbes that lead to dandruff formation.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil, where the proportion of lemon juice is 1/6th of the total mixture. Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it remain for 20 to 30 minutes. Then wash and rinse your hair using a gentle shampoo.
- Try this remedy on a regular basis for getting the desired effect.
- Aloe Vera is quite effective in removing dandruff and restoring the skin on your scalp.
- Aloe Vera restores the broken skin on your scalp and makes it healthy and smooth. This prevents the formation of dandruff.
- Aloe Vera also acts as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that helps in cleansing out all the dandruff.
- Apply pure Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes before rinsing with a gentle shampoo.
- Aloe Vera treatment is a great remedy for your hair and scalp and hence you can use it daily.
- Neem is an amazing natural remedy that can help you in fighting dandruff as well as hair fall.
- Neem acts as an antibiotic, antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal agent. Its regular use can assist in treating several problems like dandruff, hair fall, itching, lice and all sorts of scalp allergies.
- Here is how you should make use of Neem. Boil Neem leaves in water for 30 minutes and then make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your scalp and let it remain for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water.
- Apples are good for health but they are also a great remedy for dandruff.
- Apple contains phenolase enzyme which removes the accumulation of dead skin cells from your scalp. Dead skin is responsible for clogging the roots of your hair and causing hair fall and dandruff formation.
- Make a juice of an apple and mix it with water. Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it stay for around 10 minutes. Following this clean your scalp using a gentle shampoo.
Apply a mixture of reetha powder and water onto your scalp and leave it for about 2 hours. This can help you in getting rid of dandruff.
- Fenugreek seeds are an excellent remedy that can get rid of dandruff for good. However, you should have some patience and follow the treatment for around a month.
- Leave the seeds of fenugreek in water for around 12 hours. This would make the seeds softer and easy to crush. Make a paste of these seeds and apply onto your scalp. Let it remain for 30 minutes before washing your hair with a nice shampoo.
- All these natural remedies are effective in fighting dandruff. However, it is important to note that it might take time to get rid of dandruff and you should have the patience to allow these remedies to show their complete effect.