The secret to the weight loss is to choose healthy foods and take in fewer calories than you burn. And it is just easier to make better food choices in the summertime, when heavy, high-calorie dishes seem less appealing. The Best Summer Weight Loss Foods and best foods for the weight loss in summer are light, refreshing and, most important, keep you out of hot kitchen.
Table of Contents
Many of them loves all kind of produce but says cold soups are among the favorite low-calorie dishes. Chilled soups like gazpacho or cucumber dill that contain lots of chunky vegetables are in great way to start a meal.
Who does not love diving into the crisp, juicy slice of watermelon when it is hot outside? half of the watermelon comes from water,’ It is a amazing way to satisfy thirst and a yen for something sweet.
a plate of grilled vegetables is a summertime must-have. Keeping a plate of grilled onions, bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, eggplant, asparagus, and garlic in your fridge helps you to have during this season. You can also use them to make dishes like:
- Grilled vegetable and goat cheese salads
- Grilled vegetable pitas
- Grilled vegetable, ricotta, and fresh herb pasta and fritters
Salads make for quick, healthy meals, with no recipes required. Just give the produce a quick rinse, slice, dice, toss fruits, vegetables, low-fat cheese, a handful of toasted nuts with some salad greens and a light raspberry or ginger vinaigrette, along with the whole-grain roll, and you have a meal in minutes.
Low- and No Calorie Beverages
Smoothies, sweetened specialty coffee drinks, sweetened teas, and sodas, they all go down so easily, especially when it is hot outside. But the calories add up just as easily.
Beverages can be the Achilles heel during the summertime because we need to drink lots of liquids to stay cool, but liquids satisfy thirst and do not usually impact our hunger.
These refreshing drinks are recommended to treats and enjoy this summer without blowing the diet:
- Root Beer or Orange Dream Float. 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt in 12 ounces of diet root beer or orange soda (100 calories)
- Tart Lemon Pom Spritzer. 12 ounces of lemon sparkling water mixed with juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice, served over ice – 35 calories.
- Large (24-oz.) Ice Skim Latte from Starbucks (110 calories)
- White Wine Spritzer. 5 ounces white wine mixed with 3 ounces lemon or lime seltzer water (120 calories)
Cravings do not take a summer break and your hot-weather sweet tooth can wreak havoc on your weight loss efforts. Ditch high-calorie desserts and opt for these naturally sweet treats that can tame the most ferocious sweet tooth. Suggested diet is mentioned below.
- Grilled banana sundaes made with the low-fat ice cream
- Grilled pineapple with rum and pecans
- Grilled white peaches with blackberries and honey
- Frozen, dark, sweet cherries
- A chocolate-covered frozen banana
- Frozen grapes
You may also like to read: