Ingrown hairs are more commonly known as razor bumps, which gets wrapped around and grows inside the skin instead of rising out of the skin. People who have curly hair experience such ingrown hairs all over their bodies. Here are Six Best Methods To Cure Ingrown Hair
An ingrown hair could lead to a red knob or bump. The bumps may even have pus in them. It can lead to swelling, redness, pain, inflammation and irritation in the affected areas. Here are some of the home remedies that can be used to get rid of the problem of ingrown hair in any part of your body.
Best Ways To Cure Ingrown Hair
The sugar can be used as a skin scrub and it helps to get rid of ingrown hairs in a human body. The sugar can exfoliate the skin and remove the dead cells to make the ingrown hairs out of the human body.
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Olive or Jojoba oil – 1 cup
- Tea tree oil – 10 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 10 drops
- Take a cup of sugar and mix with a cup of olive oil or jojoba.
- Add ten drops of tea tree oil and lavender essential oil to this mixture.
- Take a small amount of the scrub and apply it anywhere in the affected areas.
- Rub your skin in a circular motion, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Try this home remedy more than twice in a week and you can find instant results.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda has a good soothing effect on human skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda help to get relief from itching problems that are caused by ingrown hairs.
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Cotton ball
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a cup of water. Take a cotton ball and soak in this solution.
- Dab the cotton on the affected areas on your skin.
- Let the cotton remain for five minutes and later wash in cold water.
- Repeat this process twice a day to get instant results.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has the antibacterial and the anti-inflammatory properties that can help in healing the affected skin areas.
- Tea tree oil – 5 drops
- Water – 1 Cup
- Take five drops of tea tree oil and add them to the water.
- Now apply this solution to areas of infected skin, then Clean them with antibacterial soap.
- Follow this method twice a day to get rid of the infection that is caused by ingrown hairs.
Aspirin has the ability to reduce the inflammation and redness that are caused by the ingrown hair.
- Aspirin tablet – 1
- Water – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Soak the aspirin tablet to a teaspoon of water that is said to be in the hot state.
- Continue stirring until it becomes a paste.
- Add a teaspoon of honey with the paste, then apply the dough all over the affected area.
- Let this paste stay for about ten minutes on the affected areas.
- Wash the paste with lukewarm water.
Salt is a good exfoliating agent and it helps in healing and reducing the swelling that are caused by the ingrown hairs.
- Table salt – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Cotton ball
- Take one teaspoon of table salt and mix it with a cup of hot water.
- Take a cotton ball and soak in the mixture.
- Now rub the cotton on the affected areas of the skin.
- Follow this remedy at home twice a day to lighten the ingrown hairs of your skin.
6. Black Tea Bags
Black tea bags have tannic acids in them that can help reduce the inflammation and redness that are caused by ingrown hairs.
- Take a bag of black tea and moisten it using hot water.
- Rub it throughout the infected area for about three minutes.
- Repeat this operation more than twice a day to get instant results of inflammation and redness of your skin.