How to make Indian style hummus recipe?
Hummus is a popular middle eastern dip made from cooked, mashed chickpeas. So here let us learn step by step how to make Indian style hummus recipe.
INGREDIENTS to prepare Indian style hummus
- Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
- Chickpeas : 1 and half cup, soaked in water for 8-9 hours and then cooked till soft
- Olive oil : ½ cup… add more if required
- Garlic : 2-3
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder or cayenne pepper : ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder : ½ tsp
- Cumin powder or jeera powder : 1 tsp
- white sesame seeds : ½ cup roasted and powdered
- a few sprigs of parsley or coriander or cilantro
- salt as required
INSTRUCTIONS to prepare Indian style hummus recipe
- Roast the sesame seeds and then powder these finely.
- Take the cooked chickpeas, all the spices, parsley, salt and garlic in a blender.
- Add the powdered sesame seeds, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
Serve the Indian style hummus recipe with warm pita bread garnished with a few sprigs of parsley. The extra hummus can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Photo credit: Veganbaking.net / Foter / CC BY-SA