Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe
Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe is a spicy, tasty, chat pata snack, which is very easy to prepare, fresh and refreshing to eat.
This awesome and delicious dish is very flavourful combined with the lipsmacking combination of the boiled potato cubes, chickpeas, onions, tomato, coriander leaves and spiced up with the chilly and pepper powder.
We might serve this chaat as the light meal or evening snack. With this snack , we can get the good amount of dietary fibre, protein and other nutritions.
Here goes the easy or simple, delicious and healthy Aloo Chana Chaat recipe..
Ingredients to prepare Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe
- Chickpeas ( Chana ) : 1 cup
- Potato : 1
- Onion chopped : ½ cup
- Tomato chopped : ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves chopped : ½ cup
- Mint leaves chopped : ¼ cup
- Red chilly flakes : ½ tsp
- Green chilly : 1
- Cumin pwd : 1 tsp
- Chat masala pwd : ½ tsp
- Carrot chopped : ¼ cup
- Lime juice :1 tsp
- Sweet tamarind chutney : 1 ½ tbsp
- Mint chutney : 1 ½ tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe
- Wash and soak chana overnight.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and dice them to cubes.
- Pressure cook the potatoes and chickpeas till it turns soft.
- Set it aside.
- Chop finely onion, tomato, carrot, coriander leaves, mint leaves & green chilly. keep ready the sweet tamarind chutney, mint chutney, pomegranate, chat masala pwd and freshly ground cumin pwd.
- Take a bowl.
- Add boiled potatoes and garbanzo.
- Add chopped onions and green chilly,
- Add red chilly pwd, chat masala pwd and cumin pwd.
- Add carrot, mint leaves, lime juice, salt and coriander leaves.
- Add sweet tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- Combine well.
- Now add the pomegranate seeds.
- That is it….mix all together.
Tongue-tickling Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe is ready. Enjoy the ever popular tangy snack of India.
Photo credit: NA.dir / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND