Paresh Rawal’s wife, Swaroop Sampat happen to be Miss India and received several TV serial offers. Having done well in the film industry Paresh Rawal’s net worth is stupendous.
Paresh Rawal, born on 30 May 1955, happens to be an Indian actor, comedian, film producer as well as a politician who is very popular for his works notably in Hindi films. He has indeed appeared in over 240 films and happens to be the recipient of various awards.
What to know about Paresh Rawal?
- Born 30 May 1955 in Bombay, Bombay State, India· (present-day Mumbai, Maharashtra)
2. Political party Bharatiya Janata Party. He did win as the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Member of Parliament (MP) from Ahmedabad East in the Indian general election, 2014.
3. Alma mater Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics
4. Occupation Actor, film producer, politician, comedian. He worked for some time at the Bank of Baroda before deciding banking was not his choicest profession.
5. His productions happen to be Krishan vs Kanhaiyaa and the Gujarati play Dear Father which have been performed in front of house-full audiences. He may have won his boost up as Annu Bhai in Arjun (1985) but he did make his debut in a small role in Ketan Mehta’s Holi (1984). He no doubts worked as a stock villain in more than 100 films throughout the ‘80s as well as the ‘90s before eventually making a name for himself for his rather comic role in playing twins in Andaz Apna Apna (1994). Teja main hoon, mark idhar hai from the film has rather become a cult dialogue. He became a producer with OMG – Oh My God! thus converting his own celebrated Hindi play, Kishan vs Kanhaiya into a film. One of his forthcoming films is supposed to be a biopic on PM Narendra Modi where he reportedly plays the role of PM Modi. Considering his doing well in the film industry Paresh Rawal’s net worth would be on the higher side no doubt.
6. In 2014, he was rather conferred the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, for his excellent contribution to the entertainment industry.
Also Read, Top 10 directors of all time Indian Cinema.
7. Rawal has been in the film industry for over three decades and has won numerous awards, which include the prestigious National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1994.
8. He studied at Narsee Manjee College in Vile Parle and was a theatre buff then and used to frequent the Bhaidas auditorium that happened to be situated near his alma mater.
9. He slowly started getting bit roles and never looked back since then.
10. It was love at first sight when he came across Paresh Rawal’s wife, Swaroop Sampat in 1975 at a function and decided to marry her. He finally did so in 1987 after a 12-year courtship. Swaroop has crowned Miss India in 1979 and got several TV offers and one of her best roles happened to be as Shafi Inamdar’s wife in the cult soap Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. Shafi’s role was reportedly first offered to Paresh who turned it down.
He and Swaroop have two sons Aniruddh as well as Aditya. The latter is learning screenplay writing in New York and Aniruddh is rather working as an assistant director on Salman Khan’s Sultan.
Thus, Paresh Rawal has had a successful career in Bollywood and he and his wife have also achieved much in the film industry. Their sons are also grooming themselves for similar career growth in the film industry.
He and Swaroop have two sons Aniruddh and Aditya. Aditya is learning screenplay writing in New York and Aniruddh is working as an assistant director on Salman Khan’s Sultan.