Available in the market all round the year, oranges are the most common citrus fruits consumed in India. They are not only popular for their raw pulpy slices, juicy nature, and tangy and sweet flavour but also for their goodness of vitamin C. Also called the golden apple, oranges offer numerous benefits covering health as well as beauty aspects. Here are the top 10 health benefits of Oranges you can derive by eating oranges.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Oranges
1. Boost the immune system
Orange is a citrus fruit.It is an excellent source of vitamin C. It helps the body to develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful pro-inflammatory free radicals from the blood. In short,Vitamin C boost the immune system and helps to fight against diseases.
2. Healthy Blood pressure
Orange contain magnesium.It helps to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
3. Healthy brain
Oranges are rich in folic acid helps to develop a healthy blood and brain.
4. Healthy respiratory system
Oranges are rich in beta-cryptoxanthin. This prevents lung cancer and promotes a healthy respiratory system.
5. Strong bones and teeth
Orange fruit also contains a very good amount of minerals like potassium and calcium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure through countering sodium actions.Calcium helps to build strong bones and teeth.
6. Control Blood sugar level
Orange is rich in dietary fibre and pectin.It helps to keep the blood sugar levels under control.
7. Fighting cancer
Limonoids in oranges helps in fighting against (mouth, stomach, lungs, skin, breast and colon)cancer.
Orange is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. These vitamins helps body to get replenish.
- Anti-oxidants in oranges helps to protect skin from free radical damage known to cause signs of aging.
Orange fruit is low in calories with diverse and plentiful nutrients.It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- Foods Having More Vitamin C Than OrangesFoods Having More Vitamin C Than Oranges
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It prevents us from cancer and removes all toxins accumulated in the body. It is a healing vitamin and must […]
- 5 amazing health benefits of Tofu5 amazing health benefits of Tofu
Most of us have this misunderstanding that only incline meat can provide proteins to our body. What we fail to count in is wonder food called tofu. It is […]
- Antioxidant-Rich Foods that Fights Free RadicalsWe have known all along that having fruits and vegetables is great for you, & science is now giving this to be right. If you required powerful sounding reasons to receive your 5 - 7 […]
- Best 8 home remedies to Get Rid of Hickeys FastA hickey has also recognized as the kiss mark or love bite, is truly a kind of bruise or wound. Hickeys result from sucking on the skin too hard or kissing, letting broken capillaries […]
- Are Pomelo Benefits are Good For Health ?The pomelo fruit has several names: pumello, jabong, lusho, & Chinese grapefruit amongst others. This fruit is a portion of the citrus family with juicy pulp & meat on the inside […]
- 10 Health Benefits of Musk melon10 Health Benefits of Musk melon
Cantaloupe or musk melon is an excellent source of beta-carotene, folic acid, potassium and vitamins C and vitamin A. It is an yellow orange color juicy […]
- Revealing Health Benefits of Clementine NutritionHave you heard of Clementine nutrition? If no, then you can find complete information about health benefits of Clementine. Clementine is a juicy fruit with a shiny and smooth appearance. […]
- Top 10 amazing Health Benefits Of Vitamin CVitamin C, as everyone have already heard about it is uses that it is used for the skin and prevents mouth ulceration. Apart from this a new research shows that the health benefits of […]
- Reasons to have mooli or radishRadishes is popularly known as mooli in an India, may not be top the list of the favourite vegetables but when mooli comes to nutrition & health benefits they definitely secure top […]