Today, I prepared Moongdal Sundal, which is very healthy & easy to prepare snack.
Unlike other varieties of lentils , moong dal gets cooked very easily, so no need to soak for long hours.
And Moongdal Sundalmakes an excellent snack for the kids as well as mid day snack for those who are on diet. It is a good source of high levels of protein and contain only very less fat calories.
Try this very delicious &.yummy moongdal sundal recipe, that tickles our taste buds and leave us craving for more.
Ingredients to prepare Moongdal Sundal:
- Yellow Moong Dal (Pesarapappu) : ½ cup
- Turmeric pwd : a pinch
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Mustard : ¼ tsp
- Cumin : ¼ tsp
- Split urad dal : ½ tsp
- Green chilly : 1
- Grated ginger : ½ tsp
- Coconut shreds : 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice : ½ tsp
- Fresh curry & coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Methods to prepare Moongdal Sundal:
- Toss moong dal in the fry pan in low heat, till it changes to golden brown in color.Add 1 ½ cup of water, turmeric powder, salt and cook it.
- Keep the flame in medium and stir it once in a while.
- Take care moong dal does not get stick to the bottom of pan.
- If required add some more hot water to it and cook till moong dal is cooked soft.
- At same time, it is important not to overcook , as moong tends to get soggy.
- In a kadai, add oil and heat it.
- Season with the mustard, cumin , split urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chilly and ginger.
- Carefully mix all the ingredients and flavorings with a ladle. Too much handling might break the moong grains.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add fine coconut shreds and lemon juice.
- Combine gently.
Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy the yummy & healthy taste of MoongDal Sundal.
Photo credit: kathrynlinge / Foter / CC BY-NC-SA
- Top 7 Healthy Snacks To Fill HungerTop 7 Healthy Snacks To Fill Hunger
#healthysnacks #fillhunger #snacks #nutrient
The word ‘snacks’ itself became an unhealthy one because people consider it as the major reason for […]
- World Cancer Day 2015: eating meat boosts the risk of cancerLike smoking, eating meat also boosts the risk of heart disease and cancer, says ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ (PETA). As part of its movement to create the public […]
- How to make Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe ?How to make Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe ?
Todays special is Shark curry or Sura Puttu recipe. Shark cooked in this way tastes absolutely delicious.
In this Shark curry or Sura Puttu […]
- Delicious Aaloo Mutter Fry RecipeThis Delicious Aaloo Mutter Fry Recipe tastes excellent and yummy. It serves the best with variety of rice such as lemon rice, coconut rice, carrot rice, vegetable rice, mango rice, sambar […]
- Healthy Hot n Spicy Corn ChatSteaming Healthy hot n spicy corn chat is very healthy & tasty option that can be made in a moment. It requires very less ingredients and it makes a nutritious snack for kids. The […]
- kadala curry recipe or Kerala chickpeas recipekadala curry recipe or Kerala chickpeas recipe
for cooking the chickpeas:
chickpeas or kala chana orkadala : ¾ cup black
water for soaking chickpeas : 2 cups
2.5 cups water or […]
- Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipeHealthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe
Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe is a spicy, tasty, chat pata snack, which is very easy to prepare, fresh and refreshing to eat.
This awesome and delicious […]
- Moong dal halwa recipeMoong dal halwa recipe
Moong dal halwa recipe with step by step instructions given below; a popular and rich halwa recipe from north India. Moong dal halwa is usually made on celebratory […]
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe of Soya ParathasHealthy Breakfast Recipe of Soya Parathas
Paratha is one of the best breakfast recipe to try in the morning. Be it the stuffed parathas or the plain parathas, all the varieties of this […]