Pav Bhaji-North Indian Chat
Everyone like this yummy pav bhaji- North Indian Chat taste and also addicted to this taste. Today, I share you how to make this pav bhaji-North Indian chat recipe, since this recipe tastes an excellent than that of the chat shops and preparation is simple also.
Pav is nothing but rectangle bun is available at all nearby groceries stores and healthy also as we prepare this in home hygienically.
What is needed:
- Pav : 4 pieces
- Melted Butter : 5 tbsp
- Peas : 1 small cup
- Carrot : 1
- Potato : 1
- Onion : 1
- Tomato : 2
- Ginger : a small piece
- Garlic cloves : 5 pod
- Turmeric pwd : ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd : 1 tbsp
- Chat masala pwd : ½ tbsp
- Garam masala pwd : ½ tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Cinnamon : 1
- Cloves : 2
- Elaichi : 1
- Cardamom : 1
How to prepare:
- Peel the skin of carrot, potato, wash and cut it to small cube shaped pieces.
- Wash the green peas, cook them by adding little salt.
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, cool and grind to fine pwd.
- Heat butter in pan, add chopped onion pieces and sauté it until it turn pink colour.
- Add grated garlic and ginger and toss it.
- Add mashed tomato puree and allow to cook.
- Once it thickens, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, chat masala powder and salt.
- Cover it and cook by adding little water.
- Add boiled vegetables and mix them.
- Add garam masala powder, combine, taste and see for salt.
- Heat oil in the small fry pan, add spices and wait to splutter.
- Add the spice powder to above masala, combine well.
- Remove from the flame, add fresh lemon juice and mix them.
- Take a non stick fry pan, or Dosa girdle add 1 tbsp butter and heat it.
- Toast Pav in butter in medium flame to golden.
Serve this Pav hot with yummy Bhaji masala.
Photo credit: rashmi1979 / Foter / CC BY-NC-SA