We have gotten various applications for natural homemade lipstick, lip balm, & Chapstick recipes, & though We have been performing these for years, I eventually got round to really measure the components, therefore, I have shared you the recipe. Read about DIY Homemade Lipstick Recipe You Must Try!
Unexpectedly, conventional lipstick is the source of toxic chemicals & as it has used on the skin or lips & adjacent the mouth, these chemicals can be quickly absorbed. These natural homemade lipstick varieties allow you create the personalized lipstick color which is chemical free & reasonable to make.
If you are not the fan of colored lipsticks, one can prepare this recipe without any combined color choices to achieve the primary natural lip chap.
Read more: DIY Foot Homemade Scrub
Ingredients Required To The Base Recipe
- Beeswax pastilles: 1 teaspoon
- Shea butter or Cocoa Butter: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
The Purpose of this base recipe will produce the smooth, clear lipstick which is very moisturizing & protective. It has prepared from totally natural components & free from chemicals that are safe for us on the lips or skin. If you need, one can combine color by the following add-ins to produce the color of your option.
Optional Color Add-Ins
- For Red Hues: 1/8th tsp of beetroot powder or one drop of actual red food coloring by no chemical additives.
NOTE: Combine these very gently as the small goes the long way!
- For Brown/Tan Hues: 1/4th tsp (or added for color) of organic cocoa powder, the tiny nip of cinnamon or turmeric to make the shade you need
- For a further Matte texture: 1/4th tsp bentonite clay– I practice this with the color so it does not leave the white tint on your lips.
- For Scent: A bit of essential oil of preference (optional)
Other notes: I prepared all of my quantities from Mountain Rose Herbs, comprising the plastic container.
How To Prepare
Melt the shea butter or cocoa butter, beeswax, & coconut oil in the glass jar without the lid in a little pot of simmering (not boiling) water. It should melt immediately as so little of each component has used.
For coloring and coloring add the below ingredients:
- Beetroot powder: 1/8 teaspoon or less
- Cocoa powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Bentonite clay: 1/8 teaspoon
- Cinnamon: 1/8 teaspoon
- Peppermint essential oil: 1 Drop
When melted, eliminate from heat & combine any optional components like scent or color. To adjust the color in the picture over, I practiced the tiny pinch of beetroot powder, cocoa powder, bentonite clay, cinnamon & the drop of peppermint essential oil (simply as I like the smell). I think I combined slightly more cocoa powder next joining to darken it up slightly though I did not measure that one.
Once all components have mixed properly but still liquid, apply the dropper to pour in the lip chap container. I practiced the glass dropper from the old tincture bottle or jar. Fill simply below the top since it will extend slightly while it cools. Allow to cool for the at least half an hour. Store in the cool place (below 80 degrees) or it will soften.