How to make naan with yeast. In this article you will come to know about preparation of making naan with using yeast.
INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE NAAN WITH YEAST
- Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
- maida/all purpose flour : 3 to 3.25 cups
- water : 1 cup or as required
- oil or ghee or butter : 2.5 to 3 tbsp
- dry active yeast : 1 tsp
- sugar : 1 tsp
- salt : ¾ tsp or as required
- Butter for brushing the naans, as required
INSTRUCTIONS TO PREPARE NAAN WITH YEAST
- First dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water. Warm this solution.
- Then dissolve the yeast in that sugar sontent and let the yeast bubble up. This takes time about 10 to 12 mins.
- When the yeast solution has bubbled up well then add this frothy solution in a mixing bowl.
- Add the maida or all purpose flour, salt, oil and keep on mixing with hands.
- Add oil and then massage to a knead, soft, springy and elastic dough.
- If the dough looks dry then add few tbsp of water and knead.
- If the dough has become too sticky, add a few tbsp of flour and knead,
- The dough should be well kneaded and soft. If you press dough with your finger it should spring back easily.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cotton napkin or lid and keep for 1:30 to 2 hours at room temperature.
- Now make medium sized balls from the dough. Roll them well in your palms. Place the balls in a tray or plate.
- Cover them with cotton napkin or lid and again allow to stand for 30 mins.
- The dough balls will double up.
- Before you start rolling the naans, heat your oven to the max temperature at least 20-25 mins before. My oven has the maximum at 250 degrees C.
- Please note that if you keep above 250 degrees C than the baking time will reduce.
- Once the oven is preheated well, then start rolling the naan evenly.
- Keep a medium thickness, meaning rolls the naans neither thick nor thin.
- Place the rolled naan on a greased pan or tray and keep in the oven.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes till brown spots seen on the top and the naan puffs up well.
- With the help of oven mitts remove the tray from the oven. Remove the naans also and spread some butter on them.
- Serve naan hot with a north indian or mughlai vegetable curry or dal/lentil dish.
To make naan in microwave convection mode – preheat the oven at 200 degrees C at least 20 mins before you start to make the naan. Place the rolled naan in greased baking tray. Bake at 200 degree for 4 to 8 minutes or more or less till the naan puffs well and become golden from top.