Most of the people start & end our day by brushing our teeth. But have you ever questioned whether the toothpaste you apply every day is good for your health or not? Below explained regarding Homemade Natural Toothpaste to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy.
Commercial toothpaste contains many harmful toxins or toxic substances. The most common ones are triclosan, fluoride which can affect bones and pineal gland, even the brain function & sodium lauryl sulfate which irritates your gums & contribute to gum inflammation.
Table of Contents
Homemade Natural Toothpaste to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
After knowing about the harmful components used in commercial toothpaste, it is further convincing to make your natural toothpaste at home. It is very simple to make. Additionally, the ingredients utilized in this recipe are readily available & hugely beneficial for oral health. Plus, it will cost very less than the used commercial products.
Let us have a look at the components & their oral health goods.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Extra-virgin coconut oil is the rich source of lauric acid that has anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial effects. It can assist reduce the plaque on the teeth & prevent problems like toothaches, bad breath, & gum disease.
One of the studies suggests that coconut oil, as well as sesame & olive oils, can work as valuable preventive agents in managing and enhancing oral health. Another study suggests that coconut oil, when applied for oil pulling, is efficient at diminishing the plaque formation.
Baking soda has also known as sodium bicarbonate, works as an abrasive agent & helps to whiten & brighten the pearly whites. It neutralizes acids in your mouth, thereby decreasing the chance of causing bad breath.
After analyzing various studies, One of the studies suggests that baking soda paste or powder added efficiently eliminates plaque than non-baking soda products.
The turmeric utilized in this homemade natural toothpaste is beneficial for overall oral health. It benefits to keep the dental problems, such as toothaches & gingivitis, at bay because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-plaque, & antibacterial properties. It more helps whiten the teeth.
One of the studies found turmeric mouthwash was effective in controlling the plaque & thus preventing gingivitis.
This extract is essentially used to give a sweet flavor to the homemade toothpaste. Additionally, it has therapeutic goods that can restrain the production of the biofilm that has linked to cavities.
In fact, ancient people used powdered peppermint leaves to fight bad breath and teeth whitening.
Required Ingredients to prepare Homemade Natural Toothpaste:
- Extra-virgin coconut oil benefits for thyroid
- Baking soda
- Turmeric powder
- Peppermint extract (optional)
Method to prepare Homemade Natural Toothpaste
1. Put two tbsp of extra-virgin coconut oil in the bowl.
2. Combine two tbsp of baking soda.
3. Optionally, add ten to fifteen drops of peppermint juice to the bowl.
4. At last, add half to one tsp of turmeric powder.
5. Combine the components with the nonmetallic spatula or spoon till you make the smooth paste-like consistency.
Finally, our natural and homemade toothpaste is ready to use.
How to use this Homemade Natural Toothpaste
- Store this homemade toothpaste in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator. When you want to use it, scoop out the small amount of the paste with a small spoon.
- Also, make use of the spoon to spread the paste on a toothbrush.
- Brush the teeth, as usual, giving even attention to the front and also back teeth. Do not assume this homemade toothpaste to foam as we do not include any soap component.
- Make sure to clean the mouth completely with the lukewarm water.
- Clean your toothbrush also the spoon altogether to avoid the turmeric stains.
Note: Never dip the toothbrush directly in the homemade toothpaste.