According to medical definition, Vitiligo is a condition in which skin begins to develop white patches or spots due to the loss of ‘melanocytes’. These are the cells containing ‘melanin’ is the pigment that gives color to the skin, hair and eyes. When the melanocytes die, or no longer form melanin, small white patches of uneven shapes and various sizes began to appear on the skin in areas that are devoid of the pigment and spread with time.
Symptoms of vitiligo:
Vitiligo typically starts with the small white spot & later grows into patches. These patches are pale in the outset but became darker as time passes a due raise in loss of melanin. As the spots increase, they merge into one another &, in the track of time, form a large patch. In few cases, most of the skin of a body can be included with white spots.
The spreading of Vitiligo is typically slow and methodical. The patches tend to develop symmetrically on both the sides of a body though in some cases; vitiligo spreads all over the body randomly.
Vitiligo can vary in size, shape, depth of the loss of color & the profile of their shipping. Sometimes Vitiligo becomes the chronic skin disease while in other cases it might even regress on its own.
This skin condition requires treatment by a dermatologist.
Home remedies for vitiligo
The condition affects all the races, an estimated 1% of the world population. While it is certainly obvious in the people with lighter skin, it is unquestionably more noticeable in individuals with darker skin and hence can be a source of psychological and social distress. Naturally, patients with the condition seek ways to restore the normal look and a range of medical treatment options is available. Though, as vitiligo is an autoimmune problem in which the body’s defense cells turn against the melanocytes and kill them, there is no complete cure for the vitiligo. The main goal of treatment is to make sure that the sequence of the pigment loss might be stopped or at least, slowed. This means that the patches will no longer extend or spread and for the ones present, efforts can be made to return some color to your skin.
Vitiligo is like cold, cough it can affect anyone in any part of the life. Western medicine helps in the decrease of the symptoms and most of the times it ends up with difficulties. Home remedies and diet control helps to resolve the condition swiftly and permanently.
Nevertheless, as a number of patients might not be willing to go forth with medical treatment for the variety of reasons, we have listed some self-care methods and effective home remedies that might help you care for the skin and considerably enhances its appearance.
Vitiligo Home Treatment Tips
- Take five teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix in 250 ml of mustard oil and apply on white patches of skin, twice a day, typically advised for the period of 12 to 15 months.
- Application of Sweet Basil or tulsi leaves extracts with lemon juice, advised for 5-6 months.
- Tamarind seeds and Psorolia seeds (Bakuchi Seeds) are soaked in water used to clean rice for 7 days. It is then ground into the paste and applied on spots to give instant results. It is very effectual, though for some people it
resulted in burning sensation and boils.
- Fresh ginger juice with the Bakuchi powder mix: Obese persons and with spots on high muscular areas.
- Application of radish or white seeds with vinegar, 50 gms of seeds with 15 ml of vinegar.
- Diet for forty days: six hundred gm raw cucumber and three betel leaves 3 times a day and food made from the bitter gourd.
- Ginger Juice mixed with the red Clay as an external application over affected body parts.
Above mentioned are some of the home remedies for vitiligo. Try and get normal skin color.