Palak is one of the few green vegetables which is loved by many. This leafy veggie is slightly bitter to taste but it is surely good for health as it is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and lots more.
To prepare this healthy spinach chole recipe, take a look at what Yabibo has to share with you. On the other hand, you need to be extremely patient while preparing this gravy as boiling the spinach is important!
Ingredients to prepare Healthy spinach Chole Recipe
- Chole – 1/2 cup
- Palak Or Spinach- 6 cups
- Water – 2 cups Chillies – 4 (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 (puree)
- Cashew Nuts – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Healthy spinach Chole Recipe:
- Blanch the spinach and the tomato. Prepare it into a thick paste.
- Now grind the cashew nut powder.
- In a pan, add a little oil. When the oil is hot add in the chopped onions and cumin, fry it well. Now add in the garlic and ginger paste and saute it.
- To the pan add in the tomato puree along wit the spices.
- When you see oil around the contents in the pan, add in the spinach paste. Now give it a good stir and let it cook over a medium flame.
- Add in the nut powder (cashew) and then the salt to taste.
- Drop in the pressure cooked chole to the pan and stir it well with the ingredients in the pan.
- Add in a little water which is left in the chana pan to the gravy if needed.
- Allow it to cook well over a medium flame and switch off after 10 minutes or so.
Spinach is rich in a lot of vitamins and is a must have for pregnant women.