Buttermilk has a fermented dairy product, that is very familiar during the summer season. A glass of chilled buttermilk is invigorating and refreshing. Read to Benefits of buttermilk for skin and hair.
It is reliable that buttermilk has frequently eaten as a healthy drink, but it is also often utilized in cooking. It assists as a base to make homemade dips, marinades, soups, smoothies, & salad dressings. It is further employed as the acidic component in baked goods.
This fermented drink is fitting for lactose-intolerant people who encounter trouble meeting their regular calcium requirements from other dairy products. The bacteria in buttermilk convert the lactose sugar into lactic acid, therefore making it fit for people who are lactose prejudiced.
The nutritional form of buttermilk is very effective. It includes a good quantity of vitamins A, D, & B12 also calcium, phosphorus, protein, potassium, selenium, & probiotics. Plus, it is low in calories and fat.
On the record of this excellent nutritional profile, there is various beauty also buttermilk health benefits.
Here is how to apply buttermilk for your hair as well as skin.
1. Makes Hair Healthy and Strong
Buttermilk is extremely beneficial for hair. With the healthy quantity of protein & vitamins being in buttermilk, it gives the much-required nourishment to your hair to promote the hair growth & make it healthy.
- Buttermilk : 3 tablespoons
- Egg : 1
- Banana : 1
- Honey : 2 tablespoons
- Extra-virgin olive oil : 3 tablespoons
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until you get a smooth texture.
- Apply the paste all over your hair. Cover it with the shower cap and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with cool water. Use this hydrating hair mask once a week.
2. Fights Dandruff
If you are suffering from dandruff, buttermilk can assist you to get rid of it. The lactic acid being in buttermilk can assist prevent the extension of fungi on the scalp, one of the basic causes of dandruff.
Additionally, buttermilk help in fighting scalp dryness, that increases the symptoms of dandruff like severe itching.
- Lemon : 1/2 dash
- Buttermilk : 1/2 cup
- Mix the juice of a lemon into buttermilk.
- Massage this liquid into the scalp. Wait for about 15 – 20 minutes before cleaning your hair.
- Follow this solution 3 or 4 times per week.
3. Enhances Skin Tone
Being packed with milk protein & lactic acid, buttermilk aids get rid of dirt, impurities and dead skin cells from the skin, that can take away the natural glow from skin. Additionally, lactic acid glows the skin tone & provides the skin a smooth texture.
- Gram flour : 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric : 1/2 teaspoon
- Buttermilk : required quantity
- Mix sufficient buttermilk with the cup of gram flour & turmeric to make the fine paste.
- Apply this mask on your skin. Let it dry on its own, then scrub the mask applying wet fingers.
- Finally, wash your face with water. Use this skin-lightening mask once a week.
4. Lightens Marks and Spots
Buttermilk is the excellent source of lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid like those applied in most of the beauty products devised to reduce dirty marks & spots. The lactic acid being in buttermilk assists exfoliate the skin to eliminate spots & marks and seems so without drying out your skin.
- Buttermilk : Required quantity to mix up with powder
- dry orange peel powder : 2 tablespoons
- Combine orange peel powder with enough buttermilk to make a fine paste.
- Apply this smooth paste on your skin & gently massage it about.
- Let it on for approximately 30 mts, then scrub it off & clean with cold water. Use this home remedy 2 – 3 times per week.
5. Decreases Suntan
A suntan on the skin can reduce using buttermilk, because of its lactic acid content. It further has a moisturizing quality to keep your skin soft & smooth, that is essential to accelerate the healing method.
Just dabbing some fresh buttermilk on your skin is the excellent home remedy for sun tanned skin, & it is a very cheap and efficient treatment. But to perform the method more effective, you can mix buttermilk with other potent components.
- Cold buttermilk : ¼ cup
- Tomato : ½ dash
- Mint leaves : A handful
- A blend cold buttermilk with tomato in a blender.
- Optionally, combine a handful of mint leaves blend it well to form the fine paste.
- Apply this solution to the suntanned skin. Let it dry on its own. Do this once regular.
- Buttermilk : 2 teaspoons
- Honey : 2 teaspoons
- Mix buttermilk and honey and mix it well. Apply it on your affected area utilizing the fingertips.
- Massage for about five minutes, then allow it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse off the area with plain water. Repeat this process for 1 or 2 times every day.
6. Cleanses the Skin
Buttermilk acts as a wonderful cleanser for your skin. It cleans the dirt, impurities and other dust from your skin. It also refreshes and nourishes your skin from inside to keep it resembling healthy & bright.
- Buttermilk : 2 tablespoons
- Rose water: 2 tablespoons
- Olive or almond oil : few drops
- Mix collectively equal amounts of buttermilk & rose water.
- Then add few drops of almond or olive oil to the mix.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and smoothly cleanse the skin of dirt & dirt.
- Let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes before cleaning it off with the cold water. Apply it regular or a few times per week.