7 Amazing Health Facts For Men’s!
- 46% of men feel they could better follow their physicians’ prescribed treatment plans if they received encouragement between visits.
- 35% of men say they would follow instructions better if they received reminders from their doctors telling them to do something specific, like take medication or go to the gym.
- More men are being diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.
Infographic credit: televox
7 Amazing Health facts for men’s
High cholesterol puts men at a greater risk for heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease. Genetics also play a role in the development of high cholesterol. But lifestyle choices such as unhealthy eating, lack of exercise, smoking, excessive alcohol intake are all proponents for high cholesterol.
The good news is a new study shows that men who exercise regularly may delay age-related high cholesterol.
Men live an average of 5 years lesser than women:
Yes, women outlive men in most cases. More men suffer and die from chronic illnesses than women. They’re 1.3 times more likely to have cancer than women and 2 times more likely to die from liver disease. The fact is clear and the risk is high; men need to be more attentive to their health. Study findings from Norway showed a correlation between 30 minutes of physical activity per day with longevity for men in their 60s and 70s. Researchers also deemed this level of activity per day brought on health benefits equal to quitting smoking.
- Only 30% of a man’s overall health is determined by his genetics. And 70% is controllable through lifestyle.
- Mental wellness: Inactive men are 60% more likely to suffer from depression than those who are active.