Mani Ratnam birthday indicates he is 66 years of age and fans come to know more about him via lesser-known facts about Mani Ratnam. He is a talented director, producer, and scriptwriter.
Every producer or director in the film industry aims to do well and Mani Ratnam has indeed carved a successful niche for himself in the film industry.
Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam, known professionally as Mani Ratnam happens to be an Indian film director, screenwriter, as well as producer who predominantly works in Tamil cinema. Ratnam has rather won six National Film Awards, four Filmfare Awards, six Filmfare Awards South, as well as numerous awards at various film festivals across the world. In 2002, the Government of India did honor him with the Padma Shri, acknowledging his contributions to film. His residence is at Alwarpet, Chennai, India
Fans are always keen to know about lesser-known facts about Maniratnam.
- In 2002, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri, acknowledging his successful contributions to the film industry.
- Despite being born into a film family, he did not develop any sort of interest in films when he was young.
- Upon completion of his post-graduation in management, he began his career as a consultant.
- He entered the film industry via the 1983 Kannada film Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
- The failure of his subsequent films implied he was left with fewer offers.
- His fifth directorial outing, Mouna Ragam (1986), established him as a leading filmmaker in Tamil cinema. He has done well for himself in the film industry.
- He then followed that with Nayakan (1987).
- He is also well known for his “Terrorism trilogy” consisting of Roja (1992), Bombay (1995), and Dil Se.. (1998).
- He is married to famous actress Suhasini and has a son with her, Nandhan Ratnam (Son).
- His fifth directorial outing, Mouna Ragam (1986), made him an established leading filmmaker in Tamil cinema. This was then followed by Nayakan (1987).
- He has won several film awards and nominations which include six National Film Awards, six Filmfare Awards South, and three Bollywood Filmfare Awards.
- The Government of India honored Mani with Padma Shri in 2002.
- He has won several National Film Awards, Filmfare Awards, Filmfare Awards South, and state awards.
- Apart from these awards, many of his films have been screened at various film festivals and have won numerous accolades. Geethanjali, directed by him won the Golden Lotus Award for Best Popular Film at the 37th National Film Awards.
- Other films like Mouna Ragam, Anjali, and Kannathil Muthamittal have won the Best Regional Film awards at the National Film Awards.
- Two of his films, Roja and Bombay have won the Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration.
- The former was also nominated for the Best Film category at the 18th Moscow International Film Festival.
- Though Mani Ratnam was always looked at as a brilliant director down South, it was Roja that made him famous all over India. Roja was also his first movie to be dubbed into several languages
- His zodiac sign is Gemini.
- Mani Ratnam birthday is June 2, 1956.
Also Read, 10 Interesting facts about Paresh Rawal.
Knowing more about lesser-known facts about Mani Ratnam does give much insight into his life both personal and professional. Be it, directors, producers, or actors they try their level best to attain much success in their careers. Ups and downs are there nevertheless the ladder to success are tough to climb but giving up is no solution. Even Mani Ratnam faced problems in his career and had setbacks but made a comeback with his film ventures. Interesting facts about him reveal this fact.