Hi friends, Today we want to share an awesome snack Potato Croquette, which makes a great company to our evening hot cuppa chai. It takes just a little effort to make these tempting balls.
In this Fried Potato Balls recipe, boiled and mashed potatoes are blend with flavourful spices, coated with the bread crumbs and deep fried till turns to golden. It tastes crispy on outside and soft and creamy on the inside.
Check out this easy Fried Potato Balls recipe to make this crunchy potato croquettes..:)
Ingredients to prepare Fried Potato Balls recipe:
- Potatoes : 2
- Bread crumbs : 1 cup
- Pepper powder : ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped : 2 tbsp
- Onion slices : 2 tbsp
- Amchur pwd : ¼ tsp
- Red chilly flakes : ¼ to ½ tsp
- Cumin powder : ¼ tsp
- Corn flour : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Method to prepare Fried Potato Balls recipe:
- Wash, slice and pressure cook the potatoes till become soft.
- Peel off the skin and mash it into fine.
- Transfer it to the mixing bowl.
- Add salt, white or black pepper powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, onion slices, amchur powder, red chilly flakes and cumin powder.
- Add bread crumbs and combine. Bread crumps are used to take away the extra moisture from the dough also you can use plain bread crumps
- Take small portion of dough and roll it to balls. It is optional that can also stuff small piece of cheese inside the ball and roll it.
- Dip it into the corn flour paste. In a cup, take one tbsp of corn flour, add sufficient water and make it paste.
- Roll it in bread crumps.
- Repeat the same for all the dough.
- Heat oil in the fry pan.
- Drop the potato balls gently in the hot oil.
- After a minute, keep the flame in low medium and deep fry till potato balls turn golden and crisp.
- Drain it in kitchen towel or tissue.
Serve hot with your favorite dip. We love to taste it with tomato ketchup and mint chutney. Enjoy…!!!
Photo credit: roboppy / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND
- Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya Chunks recipeToday I’m here with a wonderful recipe Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya chunks. It is a desi take on Chinese cooking and tastes delectable good starter. We know soya chunks are rich in the […]
- Delicious Capsicum Wrap Recipe For BreakfastDelicious Capsicum Wrap Recipe For Breakfast
Every morning has always dreaded. After the weekend, feel totally indifferent to get up from the bed and get ready for school or work. […]
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe of Soya ParathasHealthy Breakfast Recipe of Soya Parathas
Paratha is one of the best breakfast recipe to try in the morning. Be it the stuffed parathas or the plain parathas, all the varieties of this […]
- Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipeHealthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe
Healthy Aloo Chana Chat recipe is a spicy, tasty, chat pata snack, which is very easy to prepare, fresh and refreshing to eat.
This awesome and delicious […]
- How to make Bread Pakora with Stuffed Potato ?How to make Bread Pakora with Stuffed Potato ?
Bread Pakora Recipe with Stuffed Potatoes . Bread Pakora is a favorite breakfast and tea time snack . Everyone loves it and often make it […]
- Summer Refreshing drinks-Masala Milk Recipe1Summer Refreshing drinks-Masala Milk is a healthy nourishing drink, which tastes tempting when served in both the forms chilled or hot. Children love its delicious healthy taste.
It is […]
- Hing jeera aloo recipeINGREDIENTS to Prepare Hing jeera aloo recipe
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
aloo or potatoes : 250 grams about 3 medium sized potatoes
green chilli : 1 chopped
ginger or […]
- Brinjal Pakoda recipeBrinjal Pakoda recipe
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
Baingan or brinjals : 5 to 6 small
Besan or gram flour : 1 cup
Water : ⅔ cup or add as required
- Delicious Tomato Rice With Peas RecipeTomato rice also known as tomato bath is one of the famous dish in South India. This sweet and spicy rice recipe is simple, quick and easy to prepare.
When preparing this delicious rice […]