Today I’m here with a wonderful recipe Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya chunks. It is a desi take on Chinese cooking and tastes delectable good starter. We know soya chunks are rich in the protein and are a great alternative to meat for vegetarians. This simple recipe is prepared with the soya chunks cooked with capsicum and different sauces. It goes yummy with fried rice and any Indian breads.
Ingredients to prepare Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya Chunks recipe
- Soya chunks : 2 cups
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Red chilly : 1
- Green chilly : 1
- Onion cubed : 1 ½ cup
- Capsicum cubed : 1 cup
- Soya sauce : 1 tbsp
- Hot chilly sauce : 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup : 2 to 3 tbsp
- Corn flour : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya Chunks recipe
- Wash and soak the soya chunks overnight.
- Squeeze out the water and add warm water into it.
- Allow to rest for 5 mins and squeeze out the water.
- Repeat the washing and squeezing process for 3 to 4 times.
- Drain the water completely and set aside. Slice onion and capsicum to fine cubes.
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add red chilly, green chilly and toss.
- Add finely cubed onions and give a good stir until it turns translucent.
- Add salt and combine.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Slice soya chunks to two and add it to the pan.
- Give a good stir & add capsicum.
- Add soya sauce, hot chilly sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix well.
- Cook covered for 15 mins. (sprinkle very less water if required else the moisture in the soya chunks is enough to get cooked)
- Once the chunks are done, make a mix of 1tbsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water and add to the pan.
- Mix well and cook covered for another 5 to 7 mins.
- Once the gravy is thick turn off the flame. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
Hot n spicy Chilly Soya chunks is ready. Serve hot with finely sliced fresh coriander leaves.It pairs up best with fried rice, chapatti or any Indian breads.