The kidney beans salad recipe is preferred for its taste and is considered to be healthy food. Kidney bean salad Indian style can be had for breakfast.
Breakfasts need to be healthy, nutritious, and also tasty to eat. Salads for breakfast are a good choice to start the day. A yummy salad with an interesting assortment of ingredients does offer a mix-and-match of multiple textures as well as flavors. Kidney bean salad Indian style is very tasty to have and healthy too!
Kidney bean salad can indeed be a good salad option on account of the richness of its ingredients such as kidney beans, spring onions, and tomatoes. The dish is easy to make; the beans used could be replaced with other healthy beans such as pinto beans, chickpeas, or lima beans, and the dressing could also be made in several ways.
Kidney beans, also referred to as rajma are a very popular and common bean type in Indian kitchens. It is in fact much in use and preferred over other beans and is also famous in North Indian cuisines. The name as well as the shape of the bean do resemble a human kidney and are reddish by appearance.
Studies do indicate that kidney beans, both in roasted as well as boiled forms, are rather good for health. They can indeed help improve glucose levels, reduce cholesterol levels, lower markers of liver injury, and also induce weight loss and thus, prevent a range of chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and heart diseases.
Table of Contents
How to prepare kidney beans salad recipe?
- Three-fourth cup of boiled kidney beans.
- One small-sized tomato, chopped.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- One small-sized onion, chopped.
- 1-2 spring onions, chopped.
- A teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Half tablespoon of garlic, chopped.
- A few coriander leaves, chopped.
- One-fourth teaspoonful of ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
HOW TO PREPARE?
- Take a large bowl and combine boiled kidney beans, tomato, onions, and garlic.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, ground black pepper, and salt to taste and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve.
INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW
- Prior to boiling the kidney beans, it is necessary to soak the beans overnight in cold water or 4-5 hours in warm water.
- Discard the soaking water as does contains oligosaccharides which cannot be digested by the large intestine and also does cause stomach pain or diarrhea.
- Then, take the pressure cooker, and then add beans, bay leaf, and also freshwater thus bringing the mixture to a boil for about five minutes.
- Lower the flame and then allow the content to simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the beans do reach the desired consistency. Drain the water and then make use of kidney beans for salad.
People – 2
- Calories – 352
- Fat – 23.2 g
- Protein – 9 g
- Carbohydrates – 26.6 g
- Fiber – 2.8 g
Also Read, 5 Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas for Diabetics.
Another style of preparation
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the lettuce; stir until coated. Refrigerate until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
1-1/2 cups: 532 calories, 222mg cholesterol, 1227mg sodium, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 51g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 13g fiber), 21g protein.
The kidney beans salad recipe is worth trying out for its sumptuous healthy taste.