Muttai Kurma, Ande ki Curry
How to make egg curry or mutta curry?
Ingredients for making Muttai Kurma
- Eggs – 6
- Onion -1
- Tomatoes – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Corriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Cilantro – for garnish
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Salt – to taste
Instructions to make Muttai Kurma
- Hard boil 5 eggs. After it is cool enough to handle, crack and remove the shell, cut it into halves and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan, splutter some mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry the onions and ginger garlic paste until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, garam masala and fry till everything blends and forms a nice paste.
- Add water as needed, cover and let the gravy come to a boil.
- Add the hard boiled eggs to the gravy and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Break a raw egg into the gravy. Mix everything together, cover and let it simmer until the gravy becomes thick and the egg is cooked. This induces the egg flavour throughout the gravy.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or roti.