Re-bonded hair has to be taken care of while sleeping. It is necessary to follow certain steps to ensure this. Frizzy hair and damp hair are not good.
To take care of re-bonded hair while sleeping it is necessary to take certain precautions. Sleeping on one’s back does help as well rather than on the side.
Sleeping with hair open is good indeed. What more?
- A majority of women do question the procedure as they have issues with it while sleeping.
- Keeping the hair straight while sleeping is required: Right after the re-bonding procedure, the person has to be very cautious for the initial three days. He or she has to keep the hair straight when sleeping, put them in a dangling position, and point towards the floor. Make sure one’s hair does not get trapped underneath one’s head. If he or she is still confused, it is better to get to know the right posture for sleeping from one’s hairstylist.
- Getting the hair wet for the initial 72 hours does need to be avoided. For the first 3 days after re-bonding, the person needs to stay away from getting the hair wet. This is so as for the first 3 days post-re-bonding, the chemicals tend to get slowly soaked into one’s hair thus making the effect last for a longer period.
- Avoid tying the hair to retain that straight look for a longer time, the person has to say goodbye to bobby pins or clips, or rubber bands while sleeping. If unable to resist using that for a longer period, then it is better to make sure that the person does not use it at least for the first 30 days of application. Tying one’s hair while sleeping should be avoided.
- Fixing kinky hair: For the first few days after chemical re-bonding, the person does run the risk of kinking up one’s hair. If after waking up, the person realizes that a few parts of their hair look a bit out of shape, then immediately it helps to grab a flat iron and also straighten one’s hair. Also, if by chance the hair gets wet, using a blow dryer immediately helps.
- Sleeping with a satin or silk pillowcase is a good idea to maintain re-bonded hair, as the person needs to consider sleeping on a pillowcase made from either silk or perhaps satin. The pillowcase made from these materials will indeed reduce the amount of friction against one’s hair as the person moves the head throughout the night.
- Going to bed with completely dry hair in case the hair feels wavy before going to bed, shampoo one’s hair and put a conditioner before going to bed. Also, using a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles is better and allows the hair to air-dry for a completely dry finish. The hair must be totally dry as even a little bit of dampness can cause frizz in one’s hair while sleeping.
- Overnight treatment to control frizz means using any leave-in serum or smoothing oil before going to bed as it helps to prevent frizzy hair. Combing the product via the hair so that all the strands are thus evenly coated is required.
- Avoid sleeping in a warm room as the hair tends to get frizzy in warm as well as humid hair. This can ruin the look of one’s re-bonded hair. The way out is to keep a low temperature in one’s room. Sleep after turning on the AC as that will rather maintain the cold temperature in the room.
Also Read, 20 Best hair health tips.
- Use dry shampoo to reduce oil as the hair tends to get greasy while sleeping. It is necessary to control the oily look of the hair with dry shampoo. Applying dry shampoo is a good way out as it prevents frequent washing of hair which is certainly not good for re-bonded hair.
These above-mentioned steps ensure that the person is able to take good care of rebounded hair while sleeping.