Bamboo Chicken Recipe village style is a popular dish in Andhra Araku Valley among the tribals. It is tasty and is known for it. It is also very nutritious.
Bamboo Chicken Village Style is very tasty and can be prepared provided one has all the required ingredients. It is indeed very tempting and all a person needs is a freshly cut bamboo stick which has on end closed with a node. The other end needs to be open. Avoid using dry bamboo as it can catch fire. Fresh bamboo has moisture in it and is fire resistant. The taste of bamboo chicken is amazing.
It is a popular bamboo chicken recipe, Andhra village style chicken curry
Bamboo chicken happens to be a traditional tribal cuisine of the Araku Valley. It is oil-free delicious food and is full of nutritious ingredients.
It is usually cooked on coal.
Table of Contents
Bamboo Chicken Preparation:
Bamboo -2 pcs
Chicken – 1 kg
Ginger-Garlic Paste -3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Chill Powder -1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Chicken Masala – 1 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt- As Required
First, clean the chicken. Then add all the Spices in Chicken and mix it. Then leave it 1 Hour for marinating. After that put the chicken into the bamboo. Then seal the bamboo face with the help of banana leaf. After that put it into the fire. Wait for 30 min till the bamboo is completely burn
One can stuff the bamboo with Marinade:
1. Take freshly cut green bamboo stems with one end closed with the node.
2. Rinse the inner part of the bamboo thoroughly before use.
3. Fill 3/4th of the bamboo with chicken marinade.
4. Take some leafy stuff and fill the remaining 1/4th with it.
5. Place it on fire and leave for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Separating the cooked chicken
1. Hold the bamboo with a pincer and remove the leafy stuff above the marinade.
2. Take a plate and turn the bamboo upside down over it.
The dish is tasty on stick stoves rather than the gas stove
1. Chicken skinless – 500 grams.
2. Salt to taste.
3. Red chilly powder -1 tsp.
4. Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp.
5. Ginger Paste -1tsp.
6. Garlic paste -1tsp.
7. Garam masala powder-1tsp.
8. Oil- 2 tsp
9. Chopped onions -2 tsp
10. Chopped chilies- 1 tsp
11. Chicken masala powder-1 tsp
• Take the cleaned chicken into a bowl.
• Mix all the ingredients into the chicken very well.
• Clean the Bamboo Shoot
• Take the bamboo shoot and fill the chicken.
• and covered the bamboo shoot with leaves.
• And make a fire outside with wood and kept the bamboo shoot into the fire for 45 minutes on medium flame.
• Carefully remove cracked bamboo shoot from the fire.
• Remove leaves from a bamboo shoot.
• Drawn the chicken into the banana Leaves.
• Garnish it with onions, serve hot.
This bamboo chicken recipe, Andhra village style chicken curry is worth trying out. This is indeed a popular dish even in Andhra and Telangana and is a tending recipe in these places. Other tasty dishes are bamboo chicken biryani, Bamboo mutton pulav, Bamboo dum ka chicken and so forth. These are no doubt mouth-watering dishes and need much expertise in preparing them. In the case of bamboo biryani the rice need not be half cooked and raw rice is marinated with the chicken being marinated later.
Bamboo chicken recipe, Andhra village style chicken curry does taste good.
Also, read: 10 Delicious Chicken 65 Gravy Recipes