How to make Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe ?
Todays special is Shark curry or Sura Puttu recipe. Shark cooked in this way tastes absolutely delicious.
In this Shark curry or Sura Puttu recipe, the fish is cooked soft, scrambled to pieces and stir fried in flavorful spices.
This dish is very good for nursing mothers and kids. It makes an ideal combination for lunch with white rice, fish pulusu and seer fish fry.
Ingredients to prepare Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe:
- Shark fish : ½ kg
- Oil : 3 tbsp
- Onion : 2
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Green chilly : 2
- Turmeric pwd : ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd : ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Method to prepare Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe:
- Clean and wash the shark pieces well.
- Boil water in a pan and cook the shark fish pieces by adding a pinch of salt and turmeric pwd.
- Once the shark is completely cooked about approx to 8 mins, turn off flame.
- Allow to cool and peel off the skin.
- Remove the bones and scramble the cooked shark.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add chopped onion and fry till transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few more minutes.
- Add slit green chillies and stir fry.
- Add turmeric pwd, salt and red chilly pwd.
- Mix the masalas well.
- Now add the scrambled fish and stir in gently.
- Keep flame in moderate heat and stir nicely.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins in low flame.
- Continue turning over once in a while, till the shark or fish curry lets out an delicious aroma with golden brown color.
- Then Turn off the flame.
Add freshly chopped coriander leaves. Now Shark Curry or Sura puttu recipe is ready to serve.Enjoy with this Traditional & spicy Shark curry or Sura puttu recipe.
Photo credit: * starrynight1 / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND