Whether your face has a tinge of redness on all or worse, red and amazing spots, the redness on your face is a sign of unhealthy skin and can also leave you embarrassed and frustrated. Read more about Home Remedies To Reduce Redness on Your Face
In addition, redness on the face can cause inflammation, burning sensations, itching and pain, which can increase your level of discomfort.
Excessive redness on your face may be due to several reasons. Common causes include rosacea, lupus, acne, eczema, seborrhea, perimenopause, broken capillaries or extremely dry skin.
Some other causes of redness on the face are sunburn, exposure to cold, warm environment for a long time, excessive alcohol intake and too much stress in your life.
Fortunately, there are many simple and effective home remedies that can relieve the symptoms of facial rinse and get rid of the redness.
Here are the top ways to reduce redness on your face.
Table of Contents
1. Cold Compress
To treat a gentle redness on your face, a cold compress is very effective.
The cold temperature helps to contract the blood vessels under the skin, which minimizes redness. In addition, this helps to reduce the itching and inflammation.
How To Use?
- Wrap ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Gently rub the compression throughout your face for 1 minute.
- Take a 10-minute break and then repeat.
- Do it as needed.
Caution: Do not apply ice directly to the skin as it may cause frostbite and damage the skin cells.
2. Aloe Vera
You can also use aloe vera to naturally eliminate the redness of the face. Aloe vera has a cicatrizing effect on the skin and contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation, irritation and dry skin.
How To Use?
- Cut a sheet of aloe vera and extract the gel.
- Apply the gel on your mottled skin.
- Let it dry alone.
- Rinse it with warm water and dry your skin with a soft towel.
- Repeat several times a day until the redness disappears.
3. Colloidal Oatmeal
A very popular remedy for the redness on the face is colloidal oats, which is pulverized oats. It has a moisturizing effect on the skin, which can treat redness due to dry skin and eczema.
It also has an anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce inflammation. In addition, it balances the pH level of the skin.
How To Use?
- Mix enough water with 2 or 3 tablespoons of colloidal oats to make a paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Use this simple remedy every day until you no longer have redness on your face.
Cucumbers contain many vitamins and minerals and are also very rich in water that helps keep the skin healthy and hydrated. In addition, the soft astringent nature limits the blood vessels of your skin, thus reducing redness.
In addition, the cooling effect of cucumbers helps soothe inflamed skin. In addition, this helps to alleviate the irritation and swelling of the skin.
How to use?
- Cut a cucumber into thin slices.
- Cool the slices in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Place a fresh slice on the affected area for about 1 minute.
- Replace with a fresh slice of fresh cucumber.
- Do this for 10 to 15 minutes at a time.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day.
Honey is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness of the skin when it is caused by acne.
It has antibacterial effects that help to fight the bacteria involved in acne, which can cause redness of the skin.
In addition, the honey keeps the skin moisturized without making it greasy.
How To Use?
- Gently rub a small manuka honey on your face.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Then apply a light moisturizer.
- Do this once a day.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness of the skin associated with problems such as inflamed pimples, eczema, and rosacea.
In addition, its acidic nature helps to disinfect the skin of germs that can cause inflammation and redness.
How To Use?
- Mix equal parts of water and raw apple cider vinegar, unfiltered.
- Soak a cotton pad in the solution and apply to the affected skin.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it with lukewarm water. Do this once a day.
Also, to help heal your skin from the inside, you can mix 2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar, unfiltered and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 1 cup of filtered water. Drink the mixture twice a day.