Home Remedies for Split Ends
#Homeremedies #splitends #hairsplits
Split ends can make it difficult to have a really good hair day.
The term split ends refers to splitting or fraying of hair duct. The condition is medically called trichoptilosis & is caused by thermal, mechanical or chemical stress that wears away protective outer layer of the hair cuticle.
Lack of proper nourishment & moisture can make the problem worse, mainly for those with long hair.
The most effectual way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. If left untrimmed, they tend to break off or continue splitting up the length of your hair.
But since trimming your hair is not always the preferred solution, especially when you are trying to grow your hair long, you can use some natural home remedies for split ends to reduce and control the problem.
Eggs are rich in protein & essential fatty acids that help treat split ends. Because the hair is primarily made up of protein, eggs help strengthen the hair follicles. Plus, they might make your hair smooth, reduce tangles, & improve confrontation to breakage.
You can use an egg hair mask once a week on a regular basis. Brush out your hair first to prevent tangles.
Whisk an egg yolk and mix in two or three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Work it into damp hair, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
Alternatively, whisk an egg with one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply on damp hair. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it out and then shampoo your hair.
Hot Oil Deep Conditioner
Deep conditioning with hot oils helps restore moisture, which in turn helps control split ends. For healthier hair, frequently deep condition it with moisturizing oils & natural hair masks.
- Slightly some heat olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, or castor oil in a microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Massage it into the hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
- Repeat at least once a week or more often.
- You can also add a few drops of rosemary, sandalwood, or any other essential oil to your base oil after heating it.
Avocado works as an excellent deep conditioner to create lustrous locks. It is loaded with protein, essential fatty acids, folic acid, magnesium, vitamins A, D and E, and other nutrients that nourish your hair and stimulate growth. Avocado also has hair-softening properties.
- Mash one ripe avocado and mix in two tablespoons each of olive oil and coconut oil until you get a creamy consistency.
- Apply this hair mask liberally on your hair (avoid the roots).
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off and then shampoo your hair.
- Do this on a weekly basis, or two to three times a month.
Mayonnaise works as an excellent remedy for damaged hair. It nourishes your hair, prevents split ends, and provides a soft feel and shiny look.
- Wet and towel dry your hair.
- Work one-half cup of mayonnaise into your hair.
- Leave it on for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it out and shampoo your hair.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
Note: You hair might smell bad for days after using mayonnaise.
Beer helps control split ends by supplying protein and sugar to the damaged hair follicles. It also works as an excellent conditioner and adds shine and volume to your hair.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Pour some flat beer in a small spray bottle. Spray it over the mid- and end-sections of your damp hair.
- Let it sit for two to three minutes. You need not rinse it out.
- Do this once a week.
Note: The beer smell usually goes away after a while when your hair dries.