Including salads in the regular meals is perhaps one of simplest ways to stay fit. The leafy greens, lettuce, combined with the bite-sized strawberries make a great weight loss food. This yummy salad is not only low in the calories but also rich in the antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. The antioxidants can further contribute to the weight loss by enhancing the metabolism. Here are Healthy strawberry and lettuce salad for weight loss you could try.
Healthy strawberry and lettuce salad for weight loss
Serves 3 to 4 people
Ingredients to prepare Healthy strawberry and lettuce salad for weight loss:
- iceberg lettuce : 1 whole
- strawberries : 5 to 6
- roasted pine nuts : 15 to 20 (can be replaced with the roasted almond flakes)
- sugar : 1 tsp
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Healthy strawberry and lettuce salad for weight loss:
- Julienne strawberries and marinate for ½ hour with sugar and a pinch of salt. Drain any surplus fluid.
- Rinse whole lettuce and let it dry. Once dry, tear the lettuce leaves in small bites
- Add roasted pine nuts, marinated strawberries, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve fresh.
You may also like to read:
Add lettuce to your diet for 6 healthy reasons