Custard apple benefits for health are manifold and naturally consuming this fruit is healthy for the body. Similarly, custard apple benefits for the skin cannot be overlooked.
It is an accepted fact that fruits are very healthy for the body’s functioning. They are full of vitamins, minerals, as well as micronutrients and may also help us to prevent some chronic diseases.
Custard apple is not a very popular fruit in the culinary world. It Happens to be a sub-tropical, seasonal, tasty, as well as fresh fruit, which has several beneficial effects on human health.
On account of its creamy texture, custard apple is also referred to as cherimoya. People often do eat this fruit with a spoon. It also can be served chilled similar to custard. Custard apples do have a sweet taste, such as bananas as well as pineapples.
The custard apple benefits for health, do include regulating as well as controlling blood pressure that does fluctuate throughout the body. The magnesium in apple custard does help relax the smooth heart muscles and can also prevent stroke as well as a heart attack. The fruit contains fiber that reduces bad cholesterol or LDL and enhances good cholesterol in one’s body.
Although this is an advantage it can also turn into a disadvantage soon in case the person is not careful about his or her custard apple consumption. It is very important to ensure the maintenance of an ideal weight as both excessive weight gain as well as excessive weight loss is bad for one’s health.
Table of Contents
How Custard Apples May Improve One’s Health?
- The vitamin C contained in custard apples is an antioxidant that is responsible for getting rid of free radicals in one’s body. Free radicals are associated with cell damage that does cause aging and other medical issues.
- If a person is allergic to dairy products, custard apple can indeed turn out to be a good substitute as it has the same nutritional value.
The leaves of the custard fruit are made used for medical purposes in a few tropical and subtropical countries (India, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Laos). Instead of burning or discarding their leaves, they do use them to produce traditional medicine for fever,
- constipation, dysentery, cardiac issues, worm infections, fainting, hemorrhage, as well as dysuria (painful urination).
- Recent studies on the custard fruit do highlight that they may have antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-diabetic, anti-obesity, anti-diarrheal, and antitumor properties.
- The custard fruit does contain polyphenolic compounds that do help to fight against certain chronic conditions, that include cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular issues, as well as neurodegenerative conditions.
- Custard fruits do contain essential oils, which, if extracted, contain anti-parasitic and anti-malarial properties.
Also Read, Effective health benefits of Guanabana Fruit.
Pros and Cons of Custard Apples for One’s Health
Eating custard apples has its pros and cons.
- Rich in vitamins.
- Contain plenty of iron.
- Can be made used for pain relief (as an analgesic).
- Custard apple benefits for the skin are worth looking into.
- The seeds can rather be powdered for preparing insecticides.
- Higher in calories than few fruits.
- They do contain high sugar content.
- Excessive consumption can rather cause electrolyte imbalance.
- Their seeds are toxic.
What Nutrients Are in Custard Apples?
As a food, custard apples contain water and nutrients such as
- Vitamins (C, B6, A)
- Pantothenic acid
- Fatty acids
Other Uses of Custard Apples
The leaves of custard apples are made used in the tanning industry and are helping in the preparation of blue or black dyes. Custard apple trees also do produce wood, the latter being yellow, soft, fibrous, and durable. The custard apple’s wood is used in a few areas to make yokes for oxen.
There are a few cons of custard apple but the benefit of the fruit does outweigh the disadvantages.