Green tea is made from the plant Camellia sinensis and is considered the healthiest beverage due to its countless health benefits. As Green tea is the least processed tea and made from un-oxidized leaves, it has high amounts of antioxidants and polyphenols when compared to other teas.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
From having anticancer properties to making you smarter, green tea is something which you should include in your daily diet! In this post we clearly described regarding Health Benefits of Green Tea.
Below are some of the Great health benefits of green tea
Anti-cancer properties of Green tea
- Antioxidants in green tea helps in protecting from the oxidative damage caused by free radicals which form in our bodies and contribute to the development of cancer.
- Research done at National Cancer Institute proves that polyphenols present in green tea can provide protection against damage caused by Ultraviolet radiation.
- It is also widely believed that consumption of green tea can reduce the incidence of pancreatic, bladder, breast, ovarian, prostate, lung, skin, colorectal and esophageal cancers.
- High level of polyphenols in it helps to kill cancer cells and stops their growth.
Green Tea benefits Weight Loss
- Green tea helps in boosting your metabolic rate naturally and assists in body weight loss by burning fat
- On an average, it is shown to burn around 70 calories per day
- Research studies proved that green tea can significantly decrease waist circumference and abdominal fat.
Lowers cholesterol to prevent heart disease
- Cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL cholesterol are main risk factors for heart disease. Green tea lowers the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases by 31%.
- Green tea helps to lower cholesterol and thereby helps in preventing the occurrence of heart disease and stroke.
- In people who already suffered a heart attack, green tea prevents cells deaths and helps in faster recovery of heart cells.
Lowers Blood Glucose Levels in Diabetics
- Green tea improves insulin sensitivity and reduces blood sugar levels.
- helps to regulate blood glucose levels by slowing the rise of blood sugar after meal thereby prevents insulin spikes and resultant fat storage.
- Some studies have proves that green tea lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 18%
Green tea skin benefits
- Antioxidants in green tea fights against free radicals and helps you to fight against aging.
- The anti inflammatory properties in it helps with wrinkles and also reduces sun damage when applied topically
- It also helps to prevent skin cancer
Other health benefits of green tea include-
- Green tea reduces the risk of Rheumatoid arthritis
- High fluoride content in it makes bones strong
- Reduces the risk of developing Alzheimers and parkinsons disease
- Improves immunity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces severity of asthma
- Fights ear infections when used topically
- Protects teeth and curbs bad breath
- Relieves stress, anxiety and various allergies
As you can see, Green tea is packed with health benefits. Drink green tea everyday to protect yourselves from various diseases and live a happy healthy life.
The above article is about the benefits of green tea.