To some of the people, a day is not full without munching on the crunchy snack. Perversely, most snacks are high in the calories & fat – almost void of ‘real’ nutrition. One snack that is a preference of crunchy snack lovers is corn. Are corn kernels are healthy? Read about Benefits Of Sweet Corn For Skin And Hair.
Corn has packed with the high nutrients which are beneficial for a human body in many methods. It assures the healthy functioning of various internal systems such as cell generation & prevents constipation and several other digestive problems. It is the boon for diabetic people. This nutrient stuffed starchy snack is small in the total fat & has no saturated fat, sodium or cholesterol. Corn is also high in vitamin C and a good source of fibre.
Table of Contents
Uses Of Sweet Corn
Below listed are the many sweet corn benefits
Sweet Corn benefits for skin
Delays Ageing Process:
If you desire to stay young and support youthful looks, then you have to eat sweet corn. It is a powerhouse of the antioxidants beneficial in preventing the ageing process.
Improves Skin Texture:
With the daily massage of corn oil, there is the substantial improvement in the skin texture.
Increases Cell Generation Process:
Sweet corn is High in nutrients like folate; sweet corn aids in boosting the cell production process & is highly propitious for pregnant women.
Promotes Radiant Skin:
A host of vital minerals & vitamins, general consumption of sweet corn assures you have the radiant skin & good vision.
Excludes Facial Acne Scars:
Owing to its significant vitamin E content, a paste formed with sweet corn can work miracles to remove facial acne marks.
Sweet Corn Benefits for Hair
Improves Blood Circulation in Scalp:
The corn oil improves the blood circulation in the scalp thereby strengthening the follicles to produce healthy & strong tresses.
Strengthens the Hair Strands:
The vitamin C, lycopene content & several other antioxidants present in sweet corn aid in strengthening the hair strands. It works efficiently in dealing with the hair loss.
How to Select Sweet Corn and Store them
A good selection in ordering the corn will reap exceptional benefits for both health & beauty. Here are some valuable tips for its right choice and storage:
- When it comes to purchasing the sweet corn, always look for the straight, fuller ones having the lightly golden stick.
- Never prefer the corn with discarded husk or those that have been in the sun for a full day.
- Also, avoid wishing the corn with discolored husks; yellowish shell symbolizes age or damage. So, always make sure to choose the corn with the green shell.
- The best method to store sweet corn is to place them a refrigerator without discarding the husk.
- You might also wrap the corn loosely in the dry plastic bag so as to keep it clean & fresh and clean for more than two days.
Usage of Sweet Corn (Cooking & Eating)
Corn is amongst the few bowls of cereal that can cook & eat in a kind of ways. You can eat sweet corn right out of the “maize ears” or use the corn kernels for juice. It has applied for dressing fried rice along with the onion & chilies to make an excellent snack. Here are a few helpful methods on the usage of sweet corn:
- Grill corn with the husk left on; this will help preserve the flavor.
- Do not put the corn in cold water right after boiling corn; this will make the corns soggy.
- While cooking the corn, make sure to add sufficient water so that the corn has fully dipped in it.
Do not preserve the grain for long & also, don’t over-bake it. Overbaking turns the corn firm & ruby. 3-5 minutes are just sufficient for corn to cook.
Lastly, it is also prudent not to add salt to the corn while boiling as it will not allow the corn to become soft.
Boiled corn cob seasoned with pepper & salt is the most famous recipe. It is a healthy snack & is especially delicious. Or, you might also consider grilling the corn instead of boiling it.
Corn kernels make an unusual, mouth-watering dressing of various soups, curries & dishes. Furthermore, they can also be added to salads for making them a more healthy snack.
So try these suggestions in the delicious corn snacks for an unforgettable taste. Also, do post the corn recipes in the comment box.