5 Ways to Increase Concentration. Concentration plays a vital role in a person’s daily activities be it on the home front or in the office. Poor concentration gives a bad image. A good diet helps.
Everybody likes to improve their concentration. It is important to handle chores at the office as well as at home. In the kitchen, scrolling through chicken recipes online and taking care of kids’ homework does require adequate concentration. In the office scenario, work performance much depends upon concentration. One has to adopt ways to improve concentration.
It is important to boost one’s cognitive power. From eating fish which is full of brain-boosting Omega-3s to meditating, such strategies do help one focus well.
1. Exercise to improve focus and memory
Cardiovascular exercises do help focus on memory. Exercise helps to learn and retain information. Strength training is another brain-booster. Lifting weights for 30 minutes twice a week can also enhance cognitive function.
2. Eat well to increase concentration.
A healthy diet also helps concentration. Blueberries are rich in flavonoids and influence the region of the brain associated with memory as well as motor function. Diet is one of the ways to improve concentration.
The following six foods (and one beverage) help the brain function well:
• Fish is packed with heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids and eating fish such as salmon can help improve the brainpower
• Blueberries are high in flavonoids, which do act as antioxidants and also reduce inflammation.
• Eggs contain choline, a nutrient that is good for both brain development as well as cognitive function. The yolk needs to be eaten.
• Spinach is leafy green packed with essential, brain-boosting nutrients such as lutein, folate, beta-carotene and vitamin K. Eating it regularly does help ward off Alzheimer’s as well as dementia.
EAT BREAKFAST TO INCREASE CONCENTRATION
It is important to eat well in the morning. One can aim for low-calorie, high-fiber options such as homemade oatmeal. It is packed with protein and is low on the glycemic index, implying that a person will feel its energy-boosting effects for much longer than in case the person chose a high-sugar cereal.
Dark chocolate is good for cognitive function. Chocolate does contains flavonols, which do increase the flow of blood to the brain and help protect as well as enhance the functioning of neurons. Water is good as there is a link between dehydration and low concentration.
3. Supplements may improve concentration.
It is good to take supplements that are necessary. It is advisable to consult the doctor about diet.
4. Try meditation as a way to increase concentration.
Regular meditation does help brain functioning thus enhancing mood, memory, and focus. It keeps our mind from distracting thoughts in favor of focusing on just one – your breath, counting or a mantra. A mere 10 minutes a day can indeed help improve focus.
Also-read: Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation
5. Sleep increases concentration, focus, and memory.
Sleep is perhaps the easiest as well as the most important thing that a person can do to bolster brain health. Sleep ensures well-being and well-being does play an important role in proper brain functioning. One’s memory improves and concentration is better.
Concentration must be in good order and even the elderly need to ensure that it is so by taking care of their diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The focus needs to be on ways to improve concentration.
Also read: Food For Better Sleep