3 Exercises to Help Stop Snoring
Snoring can be the nuisance for people, and if you or your loved one is snoring, then consider trying simple mouth and tongue exercises. According to the researchers, these exercises can get rid of the occurrence of snoring by 36 % and total power of snoring by 59 %. Here we explained how these 3 exercises to help stop snoring.
This study conducted at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine in the US demonstrates the promising, non-invasive treatment for the large populations suffering from snoring, the snorers and their bed partners, that are largely omitted from research and treatment.
How to do these exercises?
- Snorers can try pushing the tip of the tongue against the roof of the mouth and sliding the tongue backward.
- Sucking the tongue upward against the roof of the mouth, and pressing the entire tongue against the roof of the mouth can also help.
- Forcing the back of the tongue against the floor of the mouth while keeping the tip of the tongue in contact with the bottom, front teeth and elevating the back of the roof of the mouth and uvula while saying the vowel ‘A’ are other exercises that the researchers suggested.
How was the study conducted?
- The study was conducted on 39 patients who were randomized for 3 months of treatment with nasal dilator strips plus respiratory exercises (Control) or daily oropharyngeal exercises (therapy).
- The participants were evaluated at study entry and end by sleep questionnaires and full polysomnography with the objective measurements of snoring.
- The study author from the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil said that the exercises considerably reduced snoring in our study group
Image Source:- Google Image Search