Health is wealth and it is important to take the required step to ensure that one stays healthy. Adopting a stress- free lifestyle with healthy food habits does help.
Health is important to all and efforts are made to maintain good health. How?
1. Copy one’s kitty: One needs to learn stretch exercises when one wakes up. It does boost circulation and digestion, and also eases back pain.
2. Avoid skipping breakfast. Eat a proper breakfast and this is more so in case effort is on to lose weight. Those who skip breakfast tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast does include fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fiber breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yogurt, whole-wheat toast, and a boiled egg.
3. Maintain hygiene. This is also an essential health tip among 20 health tips ever. Many do not know how to brush their teeth properly. Improper brushing can indeed lead to much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all. Lots of people do not brush for long enough, do not floss and do not see a dentist regularly. Hold one’s toothbrush in the same way that would hold a pencil, and brush for at least two minutes. One needs to brush between teeth as well so the gums are healthy.
4. Neurobics for the mind: One must activate one’s brain with lots of energy. American researchers mean by ‘neurobics’ for tasks that tend to activate the brain’s own biochemical pathways and to bring new pathways online that can also help to strengthen or preserve brain circuits. No doubt, this is one of the best 10 health tips ever.
Brush the teeth with the ‘other’ hand, take a new route to work or choose the clothes based on a sense of touch rather than sight. People with mental agility will indeed experience lower rates of Alzheimer’s disease and age-related mental decline.
5. Give and take: Give to oneself and receive from others, otherwise one will not have anything to give.
6. Get spiritual: Prayer is good. One recovers fast.
7. Get smelly: Garlic, onions, spring onions and leeks are good for health. By eating raw garlic one can fight serious childhood infections. Heat also gets rid of such health issues. Eating raw is good. Have fruit juice if the taste is bitter.
8. Be tipsy occasionally: A glass of red wine a day is good. Polyphenols (a type of antioxidant) in green tea, red wine and olives do provide protection from breast cancer. Antioxidants help a person by protecting from environmental carcinogens such as passive tobacco smoke.
9. Bone up daily: Take calcium daily. Have milk or eat yogurt. Bones will be strong. This health issue is also one of the best options in 20 health tips ever.
10. Eat Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries do contain plant nutrients known as anthocyanidins, which are rather powerful antioxidants. Blueberries contain resveratrol.
11. Curry favor: Hot, spicy foods containing chilies or cayenne pepper trigger endorphins, the feel-good hormones. Endorphins do have a powerful, almost narcotic, effect and it makes a person feel better after exercise. Avoid too spicy food.
12. Cut out herbs: Some herbal supplements such as the popular St John’s Wort and ginkgo Biloba to garlic, ginger, ginseng, and feverfew – can indeed cause increased bleeding during surgery. It may be wise to stop taking all medication, including herbal supplements, at least two weeks before surgery, and also inform the surgeon about herbal use.
13. Tomato: Tomato is a super fruit and veggie pantheon as it contains lycopene, and can prevent cancer. It contains plenty of Vitamin C. Cooked tomatoes are nutritious and can be used in pasta, soups, and casseroles, as well as in salads.
The British Thoracic Society says that tomatoes and apples can indeed reduce one’s risk of asthma and chronic lung diseases. Both do contain the antioxidant quercetin. In order to enjoy the benefits, eat five apples a week or a tomato every other day.
14. Eat your stress away: Prevent low blood sugar as it does cause stress. Eat regularly as well as small healthy meals and keep fruit and veggies handy. Herbal teas do soothe frazzled nerves.
Eating unrefined carbohydrates, nuts and bananas do boost the formation of serotonin, another feel-good drug. Less amount of protein does contain the amino acid tryptamine that can boost a person in case he or she is stressed out.
15. Load up on vitamin C: One must take fresh fruit and vegetables every day.
16. Have folic acid: Folic acid needs to be regularly by all pregnant mums and those having low immunity to disease. Folic acid does prevent spina bifida in unborn babies and can prevent cancer. It is found in green leafy vegetables, liver, fruit, and bran.
17. Vitamin A: This vitamin and beta carotene, do help to boost immunity against disease. It also does assist in the healing process of diseases such as measles and is recommended by the WHO. Good natural sources of vitamin A are kidneys, liver, dairy products, green as well as yellow vegetables, pawpaw, mangoes, chili pepper, red sorrel, and red palm oil.
18. Pure water. One needs to avoid soft drinks or energy drinks while exercising. Stay properly hydrated by drinking enough water during the workout.
19. GI: Carbohydrates with a high glycaemic index, such as bread, sugar, honey, and grain-based food will rather provide instant energy and accelerate one’s metabolism. In case of burning fat, stick to beans, rice, pasta, lentils, peas, soya beans, and oat bran, as these have low GI count.
20. Mindful living: Slowing down and concentrate on basic things, and clear one’s mind of worries.