It is interesting for fans to know that Shreya Ghoshal mother tongue is Bengalis and has forayed well in Bollywood. Shreya Ghoshal’s first song became very popular.
Shreya Ghoshal has proved well as an Indian singer cum television personality. She happens to be a highly-paid and well-established playback singer of Hindi cinema, she has indeed received four National Film Awards, four Kerala State Film Awards, apart from two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, seven Filmfare Awards, and ten Filmfare Awards South. She has rather recorded songs for films as well as albums in several Indian languages and has no doubt established herself as a renowned leading playback singer of Indian cinema.
1.BornMar 12, 1984 (age 38) · Baharampur, India
2.Height5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m)
3.SpouseShiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Since 2015)
4. Parents Sarmistha Ghoshal (Mother) · Bishwajit Ghoshal (Father). Her father happens to be is an electrical engineer and works for the Nuclear Power Corporation of India, and her mother is a literature post-graduate. Shreya Ghoshal finished her schooling up to eighth grade at the Atomic Energy Central School in Rawatbhata. Shreya Ghoshal mother tongue is Bengali.
5. Siblings Soumyadeep Ghoshal (Brother)
6. Languages She has in fact herself admitted that she can rather speak only Hindi, Bengali, and English. She also understands Marathi as she has been in Maharashtra for quite a while now.
7. Vocal Music Award In 1995:
Shreya won the All India Light Vocal Music Competition, New Delhi, organized by Sangam Kala Group.
8. Lyric writings:
It is understood that the main reason is that Shreya Ghoshal rewrites all the lyrics in Hindi, she believes that the Hindi language does cover almost every Indian language to some extent and therefore it is in fact easy for her to do so. Being born in a Bengali Family, Shreya Ghoshal did learn Rajasthani, Marathi as she lived in Kota as well as Mumbai.
9. Awards: She has been honored by the U.S. State, Ohio whose governor Ted Strickland did declare 26th June as Shreya Ghoshal Day. Ghoshal has indeed won 4 National Film Awards, 6 Filmfare Awards, 8 Filmfare South Awards, along with 7 IIFA Awards, 4 Guild Awards, 3 Mirchi Music Awards, 6 Screen Awards, and of course 7 Zee Cine Awards and many more. Ghoshal was indeed presented with her second National Film Award for her interpretation of “Dheere Jalna” in Paheli. In 2012, Ghoshal did render her voice for the prominent item song, “Chikni Chameli” from the film Agneepath. The song was rather formed by Ajay-Atul and was more of a remake of their own Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from the movie Jatra.
10. Shreya Ghoshal started learning Music at the age of 4.
11 Shreya has recorded film songs in 12 different Indian Languages.
Languages include Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Telugu, Tamil, Oriya, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Nepali, etc.
12. Her voice happens to be popular in 5 Genres – Ghazal, Classical, Pop, Filmi as well as Bhajan.
13. At the age of 16, she in fact won the popular Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma singing talent show.
14. Sanjay Leela Bhansali noticed her in that show and gave her an opportunity in Devdas. She made her debut as Bollywood playback singing with Bhansali’s romantic as well as sentimental drama Devdas (2002) for which she got a National Film Award, a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer as well as a Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.
15. With her Bollywood Debut (Devdas), she won a National Award as well as a Filmfare Award at the age of just 18.
More about Shreya Goshal….
It is interesting to know more about Shreya Ghoshal’s first song. She withdrew from the junior college and also enlisted herself at the SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mumbai, where she preferred to take up Arts and English as her major.