Rahul Roy was a popular actor and obviously Rahul Roy’s net worth would be something to talk about. Rahul Roy has done well in films and earned a name for himself as an actor.
Rahul Roy happens to be a popular Indian actor, producer as well as former model is known for his works in Hindi films as well as television. Roy did begin his acting career with the 1990 blockbuster Aashiqui, a Mahesh Bhatt production as the lead actor with newcomer Anu Agarwal. He then of course made his appearance opposite Karishma Kapoor in Sudhakar Bokade’s romantic film Sapne Sajan Ke. Roy has rather been honored with life membership of the International Film And Television Club of the Asian Academy of Film & Television.
Rahul Roy happens to be the star who did become famous by his first blockbuster Aashiqui (1990). By his first film, Rahul in fact became the heartthrob of Bollywood and also used to be giving complex to several Bollywood actors such as Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, etc. However, the stars of the actor rather dwindled after Aashiqui. His films in fact did not perform well at the box office. Amidst all this, Junoon was his only hit after Aashiqui, for which he got his first Film fare best actor nomination. But after that, he has always been cast in supporting roles.
Rahul Roy celebrates his 53rd birthday today. Here are some of the lesser-known facts about the Aashiqui star a person may not know. Bollywood actor Rahul Roy stepped into the limelight with Mahesh Bhatt’s 1990 hit Aashiqui. He, in fact, became an overnight sensation and a national crush.
Rajendra Kumar came across Rahul Roy and his brother Rohit at a party. Rohit stood 6 feet 4 inches and happens to be a bodybuilder. The yesteryear superstar did much impressed with him and stated preferred to remake the Hollywood movie Twins with the Roy brothers.
1. Rahul began his career as a model. In the late 1980s, his mother wrote for a fashion magazine. Aashiqui was a huge hit as Rahul become a huge star overnight in Bollywood.
2. After Aashiqui’s success, Rahul did receive around 18 film offers. However, the star did turn most of them down.
Also Read, 9 Little known facts about Ranveer Singh!
3. Rahul did act in around 18 films. Yet, his films were not doing well at the box office. After 1999, he in fact preferred to take a sabbatical from the films for 7 years.
4. After the gap of 7 years was over, Rahul made a comeback with Naughty Boy in 2006.
5. The actor did come back into the limelight when he won the first season of Bigg Boss in 2006.
6. He won the prize money of Rs. 1 crore. Rahul Roy’s net worth is manifold.
7. Unlike his career, Rahul’s personal life was very much happening as he did face several controversies in his real life.
8. While shooting for an action sequence for Jab Jab Dil Mile, Rahul’s jeep did go out of control due to brake failure and hit a man who happened to be watching the shoot. Unfortunately, the man got severely injured. This got Rahul into trouble as an FIR was registered against the actor at the Goregaon Police Station.
9. As far as his affairs are concerned, Rahul was allegedly in a relationship with Manisha Koirala as well as Suman Ranganathan. However, these affairs apparently did not work out and he broke off with both ladies. Later on, he dated model Rajlaxmi Khanvilkar. They got married in 2000 but after 14 years of marriage, they went in for a divorce.
10. Many of us do not know that Rahul also has a production company known as Rahul Roy Productions.
A lot of Rahul Roy’s movies were shelved such as TADA, Wafa, Dilon Ka Rishta, and Vajra. Rahul does own a production house known as Rahul Roy Productions. A movie titled Elaan was the initial film to be released under his banner in November 2011.