Rose water has indeed found a place in every Indian household. Why so? Its benefits are manifold. Whether one has oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can indeed be added to one’s beauty regime. This is why women all over the world like to make use of it. One has to purchase 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals, the by-product of rose oil production.
The usage of rosewater does date back to early Egypt when Cleopatra made use of the natural product in her skincare regime. One, of course, does follow the footsteps of the world’s most legendary beauty queen. Rose water is good for skin and hair and one must use it properly.
1. Rosewater helps one to maintain the skin’s pH balance and also does control excess oil.
2. Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that also can help reduce the redness of the irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis as well as eczema. It is also a great cleanser and also aids in removing oil and dirt that gets accumulated in clogged pores.
3. Rose water does help hydrate, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin thus giving it a refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also does aid in healing scars, cuts as well as wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water do help to strengthen the skin cells as well as regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent kind of properties rose water possesses, rose it helps clean pores and tones up the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries does reduce redness as well as blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It does rid one of the feelings of anxiety and also promotes emotional well-being, thus making one feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing, as well as moisturizing properties of rose water, does enhance the quality of hair. It is also known to treat mild scalp inflammations and also get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on one’s pillow also does help one sleep better after a long day, making one wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and also wrinkles at bay.
Table of Contents
Why use Rosewater?
It is very useful such as:
1. Makeup Remover:
It is the best makeup remover ever. Add some coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and then cleanse one’s face. The mixture does indeed work wonders to wipe off one’s makeup and nourish one’s skin deeply at the same time. One must rub gently to avoid being harsh on one’s skin.
2. Fair and Lovely:
Add 2 tbsp gram flour and then mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make it a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of the tanning.
3. Pampering Oneself:
Mix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and then moisturize with it one’s body. Have a rose-scented bath. It gets rid of stress.