Scabies is a skin infection caused due a mite called as Sarcoptes scabiei. Scabies causes severe itching, due to the severe itching people scratch which becomes red and bruises occasionally. Severe itching is the main symptom of this infection. Infection spreads from one person to other by close contact like physical contact, using the same towels and napkins and blankets etc. Read about scabies.
Infection can spread very easily and if one person in a family gets in contact with the mite that person can spread the infection to all other family members before even signs or symptoms appear.
Scabies infection shows only two Signs and it can easily be diagnosed. The following are the two signs:
- Severe itching.
- A rash with tiny blisters which become sore and bruising due to severe scratching.
Surface Area of the body where scabies more often occurs:
- Around arm pits and shoulder
- On thighs
- Around the waist line and navel
- In babies it occurs on scalp, face, and palms and feet too.
A physician can easily identify scabies infection just by the signs and symptoms with other family members. Sometimes to confirm microscopic analysis of scrapings of skin is done.
Scabies can be treated very easily. Physician prescribes a lotion or cream that should be applied all over the body before sleep and leave it for 8-10hrs and should be washed with luke warm water. It is advised that the treatment should be done to all the family members on the same day. Wash all the clothing like bed sheets and blankets and use fresh ones in order to avoid any further infection. Mites may be residing on these clothing.
- Bowmen’s disease – An early form of skin cancerBowmen’s disease is an early symptom of skin cancer, which can be treated at an early stage if not, it causes an unrepairable damage. It is characterized by appearance of red scaly patch […]
- Chicken Pox Infection and TreatmentChicken pox is a highly contagious skin infection. It is caused due to virus called varicella-zoster of the herpes family virus
It mostly infects young children under 12, it may also […]
- Psoriasis is a skin problemPsoriasis is a skin problem that appears on skin in white or red patches. It is a chronic skin problem which is caused due to the excess skin growth that forms thick patches called […]
- Vitiligo – A pigment disorder of skinVitiligo - A pigment disorder of skin
#melanin #melanocyte #pigment #skin #vitiligo
Vitiligo is a skin pigment disorder in which melanin pigment is absent therefore white patches develop […]
- Skin Care Tips For Oily And Dry SkinSkin Care Tips For Oily And Dry Skin
Different types of skin require different care. For example if you have an oily skin you require to cleanse your face often to prevent acne and […]
- Ring worm- not a worm its fungusRing worm is a skin infection caused due to fungus called as Dermatophytes. Many species of Dermatophytes are identified that cause skin infections. The name “Ring worm” is coined due to […]
- Side Effects Of DandruffSide Effects Of Dandruff
You might have frequently noticed white powdery substances dotted everywhere on the hair or shoulders. This is nothing but dandruff. Medical science considers it […]
- How to Get Rid of DandruffDandruff will be the result of a dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. It could also cause by eczema, psoriasis, or, very commonly, an overgrowth of yeast like a […]
- 5 Great Tips to Get Beautiful and Glowing SkinSmooth skin and a flawless complexion always makes one stand out in the crowd. From a pre-teenager to a woman in her late 50s, every woman wishes for a clear complexion. Having a beautiful […]