Nutritious Tomato rice recipe is a very refreshing and flavorful recipe. This tastes delicious and hugely simple to prepare with the few ingredients in our kitchen shelf. And this is most favorite variety rice dish in our house, particularly when we have to get ready the lunch box in busy morning hours. Tomatoes and rice makes the perfect combination of flavor. Here chopped tomatoes are sauted with the spices and then added to rice.
Ingredients for making Nutrtious Tomato Rice Recipe
- Raw rice : 1 cup
- Tomato : 3
- Onion : 2
- Green chilly : 2 or 3
- Peas : ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : a pinch
- Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Cloves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1
- Saunf : ½ tsp
- Cardamom : 2
- Salt as per required
- Coriander leaves
Method for preparing Nutrtious Tomato Rice Recipe:
- Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins.
- Drain water completely and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, heat a tbsp of ghee.
- Add cloves, cinnamon,saunf, cardamom and allow to splutter.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a minute.
- Add green chilllies and onion.
- Fry till it turns light brown.
- Add finely chopped tomato pieces.
- Fry till it is cooked.
- Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, peas and salt.
- Add rice combine well.
- Add 1 ½ cup water and cook it.
- Once it is done, mix gently.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with onion raitha and potato chips.
Delicious & Nutritious Tomato rice ready to give a taste…!!!
Photo credit: avlxyz / Foter / CC BY-SA
- Delicious Tomato Rice With Peas RecipeTomato rice also known as tomato bath is one of the famous dish in South India. This sweet and spicy rice recipe is simple, quick and easy to prepare.
When preparing this delicious rice […]
- Delicious Aaloo Mutter Fry RecipeThis Delicious Aaloo Mutter Fry Recipe tastes excellent and yummy. It serves the best with variety of rice such as lemon rice, coconut rice, carrot rice, vegetable rice, mango rice, sambar […]
- Delicious Tomato Sambar RecipeSambar is a popular dish which is prepared in almost every Indian home. The taste of this sambar will eventually take you to heaven. The main ingredient which is used in this yummy recipe […]
- Healthy recipe to relieve acidity: Green peas and methi pulaoOne of the leading triggers of acidity is the food we eat. Sometimes consuming plain rice may also lead to acidity. But this does not mean you have to live without eating rice. In this […]
- Tawa paneer masala recipeTawa paneer masala recipe
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
paneer/cottage cheese - 200 to 250 gms
onion - 1 large (finely chopped) 100 to 120 gms
capsicum - 1 medium […]
- Pesarattu recipe or moong dal dosa recipePesarattu recipe or moong dal dosa recipe
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
for dosa batter:
green moong beans : 2 cups
green chilly : 1 chopped
ginger : ½ […]
- Healthy Broccoli Stir FryToday, I’m here with a delicious and simple stir-fry focused on the broccoli and chick pea flour mixture. Broccoli is a nutritious vegetable that is loaded with the super nutrients and […]
- Moong dal khichdi recipeMoong dal khichdi recipe
A simple and very easy moong dal khichdi recipe. This moong dal khichdi is prepared as a naivedyam for god and is made using the normal ingredients and spices. […]
- Hotel style Coconut ChutneyIn this post you will learn about how to prepare hotel style coconut chutney.
Hotel style Coconut Chutney
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
coconut : ½ cup grated […]