Give the regular salad routine a miss, and jazz it up with this fibre rich salad. It can be perfect for those suffering from the diabetes as beetroot has a low glycemic index and would not cause any spike in the blood sugar levels. The sesame seeds added to this salad are rich in Omega-6 fatty acids, which play a key role in lowering the levels of bad cholesterol and increasing levels of good cholesterol in the body. These healthy beetroot and spinach salad and more 5 tasty salad recipes can also keep you in good health.
Ingredients to prepare Beetroot and spinach salad:
- beetroot : 2 to 3 boiled
- spinach : 10- 15 (blanched and chopped)
- sesame seeds : 1 tbsp
- sugar : 1 tsp
- lemon juice : 1 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Beetroot and spinach salad:
- Cut boiled beetroot in cubes.
- Now roast sesame seeds to light brown colour.
- Combine the spinach and beetroot and add 1 tsp lemon juice. Also, add sugar.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve fresh.
Try this healthy beetroot and spinach salad recipe and reap its health benefits.