In groceries and supermarkets, we see lots of foods that claim to be low in fat. Little do we realize that by indulging in these low fat foods, we tend to accumulate unnecessary fats. Many low fat foods are in fact unhealthy in other ways because of the presence of salt and sugar. You must aware of Fallacies about Low Fat Diets
Fat modified foods such as cakes, yogurts, muffins and biscuits are all labeled lowfat but in reality contain significant amount of sugar and fat. Thus, while you may be consuming less fat, you are not avoiding calories, precisely because low fat does not mean low calorie.
There are a lot of reasons why low fat diets are not proven to be helpful in losing weight. One reason is that low fat indulgences can still be high in sugar intake. If you assume that preferring low fat foods will not make you fat, you will have the tendency to consume these foods in bigger portions and may get fat. Even if you eat many low fat foods, if you do not exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle, all your efforts will be put to waste. Low fat foods are in reality low in fiber and you need fiber for your daily energy and optimum health.
Of all low fat foods, it is the processed low fat foods that you need to be most careful about since they are unhealthy in other aspects. It is highly advised that we read the nutrition labels of processed foods and products before consuming them.
As alternative, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice, foods with good fats such as fish, avocados and nuts and those with quality carbohydrates like pasta and beans.
The above are the details about Fallacies about Low Fat Diets
- Is Corn Flakes Good For Diabetics?Is Corn Flakes Good For Diabetics?
Diabetes is the lifestyle and hereditary disease in which the blood sugar level improves the uncontrollably. So, if you are diabetic, you would want to […]
- 6 tips to boost women’s health6 tips to boost women’s health
Women’s health concerns are a little different from those of men. If you’re a women, these tips will soon have you feeling fit and energetic.
To look and […]
- 7 Health Benefits Of Dried Papaya7 Health Benefits Of Dried Papaya
Papaya is a tropical fruit. It belongs to the group of melons. Usually, papaya can be eaten both-raw and ripe. When it is raw, it is green in colour. You […]
- Foods That Cause Hair LossFoods That Cause Hair Loss
Now a days hair loss has become a common issue. Normally we lose 100 hair strands per day. That is normal and are replaced immediately by new hair. Although […]
- Tips for Healthy EatingTips for healthy eating
Choosing the healthier foods is easier than you might think. By changing just a few eating habits you can make the big difference to your diet. Tips for healthy […]
- Top 9 Foods to eat in winter for Healthy HairWinter is a time to face a skin and hair problems more. To get rid of hair troubles we have explained or listed some foods to eat in winter for Healthy hair. Try to add these foods in your […]
- Foods For Body Building And Weight GainFoods For Body Building And Weight Gain
Most of the people want to put on some weight as being too thinny is not attractive. People spend more amounts on products to gain the weight. […]
- Weight Loss Tips You Shouldn’t BelieveWeight Loss Tips You Shouldn't Believe
Weight loss is on everyone's mind. If your one of those fanatics trying desperately to lose weight via diets and exercise, let us tell you that […]
- Six yellow coloured food items for the weight lossTry these yellow coloured food items to lose weight. Here we explained top six yellow coloured food items for the weight loss.
Food items for the weight loss
Yellow bell pepper: […]