Many people are suffering from the poor eyesight. They have deformed vision as well as difficulty in seeing objects which are near or which are at the distance. It has been seen that with age, eyes and their problems are frequently resolved. Many kids develop eye problems from a small age. It is essential that we take proper care of our eyes. They required to be kept healthy and in that account, the importance of proper diet cannot be destabilized. Our eyes require vitamins A, C as well as omega 3 fatty acids and bioflavonoids, carotenoids, mineral, fatty acids and anti oxidants to stay well and healthy.
The top 7 super foods for healthy eyes are cataloged below:
Table of Contents
It is essential to consume this vegetable to enhance and keep eyes in proper health.
- Spinach includes the nutrients like vitamin A which helps protect the cornea
- Lutien which is found in the spinach protects eyes from ultra violet light
- spinach leaves rich in a Zeaxanthin, is a chemical compound found which helps one towards visual development
- It is best that one consumes the spinach juice early morning on empty stomach. It can also be consumed in different dishes in cooked, boiled or sauteed form.
It is seen that salmon fish has amazing benefits for the eye as well.
- There are helpful nutrients in the salmon which can protect the retina from damage and prevent blindness
- Omega-3 fatty acids help to preserve the necessary moisture content of the eyes
- The macular degeneration that occurs is protected against by the omega-3 fatty acids
- It is recommended that one has 2 servings of salmon at least twice a week. Salmon can be consumed in different forms but should be baked, grilled or poached to reap its nutritional benefits.
Carrot is particularly beneficial for the eyes.
- It is known to contain beta carotene which acts as a ancestor to vitamin A
- Night blindness is prevented
- Healthy and clear cornea is maintained
- The cells in the eyes are protected also by the lutien compound found in carrots
- Carrot are rich in potassium and fiber
- One can use carrots to snack or they can use it in the preparation of different food items.
This root vegetable is known to be good for the eyes.
- Sweet potato contains vitamin A in good amount which makes it ideal for the eyes
- It helps in enhancing eyesight
- Even cataracts, macular degeneration and glaucoma are prevented by this vitamin intake
- Bacterial or viral infections and their possibilities are lessened by taking in sweet potatoes
- This vegetable is rich in potassium, fiber and beta carotene
- There are various forms of this vegetable and one can have it in fried, boiled, baked or grilled form.
It is known that peppers in different colors are good for the overall health of the eyes.
- The peppers are rich sources of vitamins A and C
- Vitamin A helps to preserve eyesight
- Vitamin C protects the eyes against cataracts
- Peppers are rich in vitamin B6 as well as in beta carotene, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin
- These nutrients ensure that the overall health of the eyes are maintained
- One can have peppers in different forms. One usually consumes them steamed, baked, stir fired or eve in raw form in salads.
Leafy And Green Vegetables
Spinach is a popular choice when it comes to ensuring good eyesight but so are other green and leafy vegetables like Collard greens, Turnip greens, Kale etc..
- These leafy greens are rich in lutien and zeaxanthin
- The rate or risk of macular degeneration as well as cataract formation is lowered by the intake of green and leafy vegetables
Coffee And Tea
Now you can feel less guilty about consuming tea and coffee several times in a day.
- It is known that coffee and tea can help to reduce the dryness of eyes
- Caffeine is known to boost the production of tears
In such ways the symptoms of dry eyes is eliminated by the consumption of caffeine. However one needs to moderate their intake of caffeine on a daily basis as other side effects might come forth.
Photo credit: Scinern / Foter / CC BY