In this post you will learn about how to prepare hotel style coconut chutney.
Hotel style Coconut Chutney
- Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
- coconut : ½ cup grated fresh or frozen coconut
- roasted chana dal or bengal gram : ¼ cup
- ginger : ½ inch ginger or adrak, chopped
- green chilli or hari mirch : 1 chopped
- curry leaves or kadi patta : 15-20
- sunflower or coconut oil : 2 tsp oil
- salt as required
- wash and rinse curry leaves. Dry them on the kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in small pan. Add the curry leaves and fry till they become crisp.
- Let the curry leaves & oil mixture become warm.
- Add the rest of an ingredients along with the curry leaves and oil in the chutney grinder or small blender.
- Add some water, about ½ to ¾ cup depends on what consistency of chutney you want and blend to the smooth chutney.
- check the salt and add more if required.
- Serve the hotel style coconut chutney with idli, dosa, medu vada or uttapam.