Blackheads are bothersome and irritating, and even more so when they are in your ears. They can be very tender and cause mild pain while giving a false impression that your ears are dirty. Read more about Home Remedies To reduce Blackheads in Your Ears
Normally, blackheads occur on the facial T area, but you can also get blackheads in your ears or a part of your body that produces too much oil.
Due to too much oil secretion, dead skin cells, sebum and dirt can clog the pores. When the sebum comes in contact with oxygen, it becomes black, creating black spots. However, people who have a lighter skin tone may have blackheads that have a greyish or yellowish color.
If not treated in a timely manner, blackheads can result in painful acne. They may also be infected.
Because the skin of your ears is thinner, removing blackheads is not as simple as removing them from the nose or other areas. Inadequate treatment can lead to scarring and infections, making the problem even more serious.
The use of simple and effective home remedies and other tips will help you to easily get rid of blackheads in the ears or behind the ears.
Note: You can prevent remedies from entering your headset by putting a cotton ball into your ear. Also, if your blackhead has turned into acne in your ear and is sick, consult your doctor for proper treatment.
Here are the effective ways to eliminate blackheads in your ears.
Table of Contents
1. Warm Compress
Warm compression is also very effective in removing blackheads in your ears. This can help open the clogged pores and dislodge excess oil, dead cells, and impurities, so it is easier to clean the blackheads.
Heat also helps to reduce any pain associated with blackheads.
How to Apply?
- Soak a clean cloth in lukewarm water and squeeze out excess water.
- Apply the warm compress to the ear for 5 minutes.
- Use a mild cleanser to clean the ear.
- Use this remedy twice a day for a few days. Do it on both ears, if necessary.
2. Blackhead Extractor Tool
The quickest way to get rid of the blackheads of your ears is by using an extractor tool. This tool is easy to find on the market and is very easy to use.
If you can not see the blackheads in your ears well enough, you might need help from a family member or friend.
How To Apply?
- Open the pores by placing a hot pod on the affected area.
- Disinfect the blackhead extractor with an alcohol friction.
- Place the tip of the extractor on the black head and press gently.
- Finally, wash the area with warm water and apply an antiseptic cream to prevent infection.
- If you experience pain, try another remedy instead.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a rich source of citric acid that helps cleanse your skin by eliminating excess oil and dead skin cells. Being a natural astringent, lemon helps to eliminate blackheads in your ears and tightens pores to prevent recurrence.
How to Apply?
- Dilute 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with ½ teaspoon of water.
- Dip a cotton swab into this solution, then apply it directly to the blackheads in the affected ear.
- Let dry before wiping using a cotton swab soaked in hot water.
- Do it twice a day until the blackheads are gone
4. Baking Soda
Another effective ingredient for blackheads in the ears is baking soda. Being a mild exfoliating agent, it helps to remove the skin from impurities, such as dirt and microbes. It also helps to remove excess oil and dissolve the pores that have developed into blackheads.
In addition, sodium bicarbonate helps to balance the pH level of the skin.
How to Apply?
- Make a paste using 1 teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon water.
- Apply it on the blackheads in your ears.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, then rinse it using lukewarm water.
- Do it once a day for a week or less.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can also help eliminate blackheads in your ears. Its antibacterial property helps to disinfect clogged pores and eliminate blackheads easily.
In addition, it reduces the risk of infection.
How To Apply?
- Mix 4 drops of tea tree oil in 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil or simply plain water.
- Stir well, then dip a cotton swab into the mixture.
- Apply gently on blackheads.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then wipe it with a cotton swab immersed in warm water.
You may like to read: Home remedies to reduce blackheads on nose