Have You Tried Oil Pulling?
First What is oil pulling anyway? probability are if you have been traveling in holistic circles, you might have heard of oil pulling. But what exactly is it? And should you give it a try? Have You Tried Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling, simply put, is whistling around some oil in the mouth for a chosen period of time. Typically 15 to 20 minutes first thing in morning. Less simply put, it is a way to draw out toxins or unhealthy substances, clean and protect your teeth and breath, and detoxify your mouth and gums.
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic methods that has been practiced for over 3,000 years. It is suggested one can use an organic unrefined (as close to nature’s state as potential) oil. I use coconut oil. Some use sesame or olive oil.
Some of the benefits comprise
- Teeth whitening (and who does not want that?)
- Promotes Oral Hygiene -by removing bacteria and other microorganism that are instrumental in tooth decay
- Keeps skin clear by removing toxins or unhealthy susbastances that might cause skin issues
- General detoxification of the body. This in turn can lead to increased energy, reduced headaches, or whatever may be ill you in scrupulous. Reducing our toxic or unhealthy substances load is key to feeling a whole lot better.
- There are no known side effects with oil pulling, so even if you are skeptical of this dental method, it simply cannot hurt to try. Give it a chance – may be a week or 2 – and let us know what you think.
Photo credit : http://eattomorrow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/oil-pulling1.jpg