Godhuma rava sweet recipe
In this list today i am going to present you an easy to make Godhuma rava sweet recipe prepared using wheat Rava or Semolina. This recipe is so yummy and can be prepared without much effort. We can say it can be prepared immediately when guests give surprise visits.
Ingredients to prepare Godhuma rava sweet recipe:
- Cracked wheat or godhuma rava: ½ cup
- Water : 3 ½ cups
- Milk : ½ cup, boiled,
- Jaggery : 1 ¾ cups, grated
- Cashew nuts : 7-8, break into small pieces
- Raisins : 12 to 15
- Cardamom powder : 1/2 tsp
Method to prepare Godhuma rava sweet recipe:
- Put the milk to boil. When the milk is boiling, grate the jaggery and keep set aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry cashew nuts pieces till golden brown. Remove to the plate and add raisins to vessel and saute till they swell and turn slightly dark colour. Remove them to the plate that you had transferred the roasted cashew nuts. Set aside them aside.
- To the same ghee, add broken wheat aka godhuma rava and fry on the low to medium flame till the raw smell disappears and it changes to deep red color. This could take 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add 3 ½ cups of water and place lid. Cook on medium flame, stirring once in a while. The rava will absorb the water and swell and cook till soft. This could take approx 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add grated jaggery and cardamom powder and mix. The jaggery will begin to melt and the payasam will become watery. Cook without lid on medium flame till the payasam thickens. This could take approx 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off flame, add cardamom powder and slowly add the milk and keep mixing till well combined. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
- Milk can be substituted with 3 1/2 cups of thin coconut milk and 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk. I will also blog this version of wheat rava payasam.
- The payasam can also be cooked in milk instead of water for a rich flavor.
- Milk can be substituted with water. In that case, you will need 4 cups of water.
- Skimmed milk can also be used. But full fat milk gives a richer flavor.
- You can use upto 2 cups of grated jaggery.
- Sugar can be used in place of jaggery. Or you can use both sugar and jaggery i.e 1 cup jaggery and ¾ sugar. If you want the payasam which is not too thick, increase the water or milk quantity.
- Godhuma rava payasam is made with the broken wheat & jaggery.