Fibre-rich baby potatoes healthy recipe with skin
If potatoes make it onto the plate more frequently than carrots and broccoli then you should definitely give this dish a try. Fibre-rich baby potatoes healthy recipe with skin can be an excellent source of insoluble fibre that stimulate the digestion and promote regular bowel movement. The extra fibre obtained by consuming the vegetables skin can also prevent the blood sugar levels from rising. Fibre rich foods can also help you stave off the heart disease. These potatoes with the skin can be a classic appetiser or you can also have them as the side dish with roti. If you are fond of potatoes, you can also try this sookha aloo recipe.
Ingredients to prepare Fibre-rich baby potatoes healthy recipe with skin
- Baby potatoes : 250 g
- ajwain or fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- jeera or cumin powder : ½ tsp
- chilli powder : 1 tbsp
- coriander powder : 1 tsp
- amchur : ½ tsp
- garam masala : ½ tsp
- oil : 1½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Fibre-rich baby potatoes healthy recipe with skin
- Parboil baby potatoes and leave the skin on.
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan.
- Add ajwain and jeera and let it crackle.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, amchur and salt.
- Also, add baby potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- Take care that they donot become soft and mushy.
- Serve hot.