Chutney sandwich recipe with step by step instructions given below ; easy and quick to prepare chutney sandwiches for the breakfast or as a instant snack.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHUTNEY SANDWICH
(Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
For the chutney:
- Coriander leaves/dhania patta : 1 cup tightly packed, chopped
- Grated coconut : ¼ cup
- Green chilli or hari mirch : 1
- Sugar : ½ tsp or as required
- Water for grinding : 4 to 5 tbsp
- Salt : ¼ tsp or as per taste
- Bread, white or brown or whole wheat or multi grain bread : 12 to 15 slices
- Butter as required
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CHUTNEY SANDWICH
Preparing the chutney:
- Wash the 1 cup of tightly packed coriander leaves and then roughly chop them. Also wash and chop the green chilies.
- Take the chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut, green chili & sugar in a grinder jar.
- Add 4 tbsp water and grind to a smooth chutney.
- Take the chutney in a bowl and keep it aside.
Preparing the sandwich:
- Spread butter evenly on the bread slices. If packing the sandwiches for tiffin box or picnics, then spread a little amount of butter, so that the bread does not become wet. if you want you can slice the edges. since we were using the homemade white bread, the edges were soft and not stiff like the store brought bread. Hence i did not slice the edges.
- Now spread chutney on the slices. Spread the coriander coconut chutney on both slices if you want spicy. but if not, then you can spread the chutney on only one slice.
- Bring together the bread slices to form the sandwich.
- Slice & serve the chutney sandwiches plain with some tea or coffee.
Finally yummy chutney sandwich is ready to eat. We hope you prepare and enjoy eating this chutney sandwich recipe. The recipe can be doubled or tripled like made with three slices also.