Sabja seeds, also called “tukmaria seeds” or “falooda”, are sweet basil seeds. They almost resemble chia seeds and offer a wide range of benefits to humans. To take God’s care of our health to reduce our body weight to beautifying our skin and our hair, these seeds can do a lot for us. Read more Amazing Benefits of Sabja Seeds for Weight Loss, Health, Skin, and Hair
Health Benefits of Sabja Seeds
Let’s start with some potential health benefits of sabja seeds. Here we go:
Packed with Nutrition
Fresh sabja seeds are loaded with all the essential nutrients needed to germinate the plant. Adding these seeds to your regular diet can help you get enough amounts of carbohydrates, protein, fat, sugar, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and calories. Therefore, your bodily functions are regularized and you can get away from a number of diseases.
Helps in Digestion
Scientists have proven that sabja seeds have excellent carminative effects. It actually contains a very high level of insoluble dietary fiber. They serve as a natural detoxifying agent, which effectively cleanses our gastrointestinal tract. As the stomach becomes toxin-free, the digestion process becomes easier and the fields of development of various digestive problems like stomach, cramps, indigestion, flatulence, etc., also decrease.
Being rich in insoluble dietary fiber, sabja seeds can reduce constipation to a great extent or even cure it completely. All you need to do is soak a handful of seeds in a glass of milk and drink it every night before going to bed. This will make the bowel movements in your intestines smoother, which will raise constipation.
Heals the acidity or burning of the stomach
Sabja seeds are very soothing for our gastrointestinal tract, especially the stomach. If you feel an acute burning sensation in your abdomen, you should consume the sabja seeds in a previous way, ie infusion into the milk. The practice of a few weeks will provide an amazing calming and comforting effect on your entire digestive system, which will cure the acidity or burning of the stomach.
Treats Type-2 Diabetes
People with type 2 diabetes can be very well benefited by including the sabja seeds in their diet. They are known to control the amount of sugar in our bloodstream, which eventually stabilizes blood sugar levels and effectively treats diabetes.
Relieves Respiratory Issues
According to a new study, sabja seeds are extremely useful in reducing various respiratory problems. Take 1 tablespoon of pure raw honey, 1 tablespoon of finely grated ginger and 1 tablespoon of fresh sabja seeds in a glass of water. Bring to a boil and drink the infusion for a few weeks. You will get rid of cold, cough, flu, bronchial asthma, etc.
The seeds of Sabja are one of the best triggers of natural stress. As previously stated, they have wonderful calming effects on our body, which are to some extent similar to aromatherapy. Therefore, incorporating these seeds into your daily diet actually means reduced stress levels, increased mental clarity, improved mental strength and a high mood.
Controls Body Heat
When it comes to keeping our body fresh during these hot summer days, sabja seeds can be a real lifeguard. It has excellent cooling properties for which it is used as an effective cooling fluid. Simply submerge a handful of fresh sabja seeds in a glass of water and drink it after an hour or two.
Benefits of Sabja Seeds for Weight Loss
According to health experts, sabja seeds can help us eliminate excess body fat significantly if they are included in a weight loss diet. Basically, sabja seeds multiply up to 30 times their volume or actual size when soaked in water. It makes the texture of the gelatinous seeds and turns the beverage into a filling (with low-calorie consumption). In short, the high fiber content of these seeds can keep us up for longer and significantly reduce our appetite.
Skin Benefits of Sabja Seeds
- Healthy skin is only a reflection of good health. So, let’s examine the skin benefits offered by these incredibly healthy sabja seeds:
- Being a natural detox, sabja seeds can clean your internal system and keep several skin problems like acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and so on.
- They hold all the antimicrobial, antifungal and antibiotic qualities, which keeps our skin healthy and without infection from the inside.
- Regular intake of sabja seeds can enrich our skin cells with essential vitamins and minerals. S a result, we naturally get a flawless hue without flaw.
- You can prepare an anti-aging face pack for your skin by grinding dry sabja seeds into fine powder and mixing it with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
Hair Benefits of Sabja Seeds
- It has also been proven that sabja seeds are very beneficial to our hair. What it can do for your braids is given below:
- Protein is the main component of our hair and sabja seeds can provide a huge amount of this nutrient to our body.
- You can spread boring dandruff with DIY sabja seed hair oil. Mix olive or coconut oil with Sabja seed powder, massage your scalp with the concoction and leave overnight.
I hope the article has been helpful to you.