Parents do care about the healthy growth of their children and ensure that they get all the required vitamins and minerals. Diet and exercise do matter and these should not be ignored.
Parents are happy if their little boy or girl is growing up, becoming more sensitive and mature and suddenly showing a lot of responsibility. There are of course a lot of bodily changes as the kid is growing up. It is necessary for the parent to lend a helping hand with the physical upheaval and emotional overhaul that the young one’s system requires. Children, growing child, the child growing up are all important issues that parents need to address while bringing up a child.
One of the most common concerns with growing kids is the issue of gaining a good height. Since this is a detrimental age for physical growth, it is justified for you to be concerned.
Height is mainly governed by the genetics of the family. The height and the spouse’s height will be a major factor determining the upward distance the child’s body is set to traverse. In case both the parents do not imply that the child will be short. At the same time, both the parents being tall does not necessarily mean that the little one will stretch and grow 6 feet tall. Medical science does claim that physical growth does not stop until mid-twenties. There are several lifestyle changes that do help in a big way in contributing to fostering the child’s height in the pre-teen years.
Table of Contents
1. Eating Right:
Healthy eating habits promote wholesome growth.
• One needs to include a lot of carbohydrates in the child’s diet. The calories gained will give the body ample energy to grow.
• Plenty of calcium can also help promote bone growth for the kid. Insist on dairy products and green vegetables- an excellent source of calcium.
• Encourage the kid to spend a lot of time in the sun to get plenty of vitamin D. Eating fish, alfalfa, or mushrooms also doe help, as they are a good source of the vitamin. Vitamin D is known to promote bone as well as muscle growth in children A deficiency of this vitamin leads to stunted growth and cause weight gain in teenage girls.
Include protein, the miracle potion to aid physical growth, regularly into the child’s diet. Lentils, pulses, sprouts, beans, eggs, tofu and meat and all rich sources of protein that enable children, growing child, a child growing up obviously.
• Proteins do provide an Essential Building Block for the body to grow well.
• The study does reveal that zinc deficiency can indeed cause stunted growth in children. One needs to enhance a child’s zinc intake. All vitamin supplements do contain zinc. A daily intake of a multi-vitamin can be sufficient to meet the body’s zinc requirement.
• Discipline the child’s eating schedule. Eating 3 meals a day, with small snacks is a good practice.
• It is better to keep the young ones immune system strong, as an illness can stunt growth. Plenty of vitamin C does ensure a strong immune system. Stock the kitchen with citrus fruits, for the kid to pick a quick healthy snack on the go.
Here you can read also: 10 amazing Healthy Food for Children
2. Adequate Exercise:
Coax the kid to indulge in sports. Swimming, biking, skipping, dance, yoga and a whole lot of outdoor sports will indeed help the child grow.
There are tons of exercises for growing taller, such as pull-ups, which the kid can easily follow at home. It was good to be regular with these exercises.
3. Keep the kid at bay from Growth Stunting Factors:
Caffeine, smoking, alcohol, steroids and artificial hormonal capsules usually claim to be helpful in increasing one’s height and lead to stunt growth.
4. Good Posture:
Straight spine, shoulders stretched in perfect alignment with the curve of one’s neck, hips in a straight, perfect proportion over the feet; encourage the young one to practice a good posture with all these considerations in mind. It not only makes them look taller but also more confident.
5. Cultivating Confidence:
A positive attitude coupled with high self-esteem will indeed make up for any lacking height. Inspire the children to feel good about them. It is better to encourage them to participate in various school activities, take up a hobby and go for something that will make them indeed feel good about themselves. Being taller might be a good idea, but even if one is short it is alright to be so. Children, growing child, the child growing up are issues of concern to parents who want their child to develop in a healthy manner.